SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-06-07, 02:47 PM   #1
rubberduckofdeath

Default Suit...

Last edited by rubberduckofdeath; 06-01-12 at 03:18 AM.
Old 29-06-07, 02:51 PM   #2
rigor

Default Re: Suit...

I bought a suit for a wedding, about a month ago, and a DJ last year, from Suits You in Guildford (Friary centre). They've got quite a good range, also they do alterations if you need it. Manager in there is as mad as a box of fish though, but he knows his stuff.
Old 29-06-07, 02:57 PM   #3
nickj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
Hi guys,

I'd like to buy a new suit this weekend.

Where would you go / not go for a reasonable suit? How much do I really need to budget? In the past I've tended to go for a cheap suit from somewhere like 'Next' (hangs head in shame), but I want to get something that fits perfectly.

Thanks in advance

RDOD.

Depends on what you want to spend and your build. IMO Next suits are actually one of the best for the money. M & S who i wouldn't have touched a while ago now have some very good suits for a couple of hundred quid.

Really depends on what you want to spend and what you call reasonable.
Old 29-06-07, 03:01 PM   #4
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

debenhams might be worth a look, they seemed very knowledgeable and they were able to tailor the one i wanted to fit my gibbon like frame (long arms, long legs, short torso). it wasn't a "cheap" suit either, they had some nice stuff in there

one bit of advice, if you're thin look at three button ones, if you're not then two rows of buttons looks better...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-07, 03:05 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
debenhams might be worth a look, they seemed very knowledgeable and they were able to tailor the one i wanted to fit my gibbon like frame (long arms, long legs, short torso). it wasn't a "cheap" suit either, they had some nice stuff in there

one bit of advice, if you're thin look at three button ones, if you're not then two rows of buttons looks better...
I am going to go ahead and scream NO NO NO.....double breasted suits are bloody awful!
Old 29-06-07, 03:09 PM   #6
nickj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
I am going to go ahead and scream NO NO NO.....double breasted suits are bloody awful!
Completely agree. And imo aviod the one's without the round collars.
Old 29-06-07, 03:20 PM   #7
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

you can un-man the battle stations, it was a typo, i have a single breasted suit with three buttons, because i am thin, not one jacket with two looked good on me, and this was after trying every high street store and tailors...
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-07, 03:22 PM   #8
DanDare

Going to court again then?
Old 29-06-07, 03:26 PM   #9
Jelster

Depends what you want, look in the "good" department stores John Lewis, Debenhams etc. I always tend to check out "Suits You" as they normally have good deals on. You should easily get something for £200 these days, £300 if you want to look a bit sharper.

I have 5 or 6 suits, which are a mix of materials and colours. 2 of them are a mix of lycra and wool, which helps prevent creasing when travelling.

I once got told off by the Mrs for spending £400 on a new suit (but it was for a VERY important meeting, and the we won the deal, which more than recouped the cost...)
Old 29-06-07, 04:31 PM   #10
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDare View Post
Going to court again then?