SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-06-06, 11:58 AM   #1
oldjack

Default Screwless fitting of fenda extenda?

I've just bought a fenda extenda for my K5 SV and I dont want to drill the mudguard. I've heard of people aralditing them on, or using silicon rubber sealant, but do either of these work without the screws? Has anybody done this and does it stay stuck long term?

PS I've taken off the Pyramid Plastics sellotape logo and replaced it with a homemade Suzuki logo. I copied the tank letter S by brassrubbing, fixed the brassrubbed S to some fablon type sticky back plastic, cut out the shape very carefully with scissors like a stencil, stuck it on the fenda extenda, painted over it with silver humbrol and peeled the stencill off. It looks brilliant, and it wont peel off.
Sad or what!!
Old 25-06-06, 01:45 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Do a google for some stuff called "Sikaflex" thats what most people use. I used a product made by Evo Stick called "Wet Grab" that I bought from B & Q did the job fine. Its been through a winter and not come off. I didnt use the screws and its been fine.

I think you might find araldite to brittle, if you do use Araldite though I think that lots of small blobs might work best.

HTH

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-06, 03:33 PM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

I used Araldite on mine 2 years ago and it is still there 14,000 miles later.

Position the extender and draw round it with a felt tip, that will give you the area to abrade on the underside of the mudguard.

I then used 3 G clamps to hold the extender in place whilst the adhesive dried. Making sure not get any excess onto the padding I used to stop marks on the paintwork.