SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 03-06-17, 05:11 PM   #3541
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Interesting, for anyone in Laaardaaarn
https://www.gumtree.com/p/non-digita...era/1245401428
Ha that adapter's from the guy in Sheffield who asset-strips cameras for a living. If you find one he's selling, it'll be overpriced and may not be working (though he seems to be honest if none too clued up), the case separately, all the accessories one by one.
Glad you're getting back on board admin! Yep process and scan is more your scene I reckon, you can do a lot in PP, especially if you don't underexpose. Even the Poundland film tolerates a fair few stops over.
Kenzie put my 120 in first, like I said I've no idea if there is anything on it anyway, light leaks etc. Like I said the lenses were pretty smeary (including the rear element) so they won't be desperately sharp I expect. Just don't overheat the solution or you'll melt the emulsion.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 05:14 PM   #3542
Kenzie

Never seen one of those before.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 06:01 PM   #3543
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I wasn't planning on buying one but I'm always looking at old cameras on eBay and this was going at a cheap price. The condition looked excellent. It should have gone for more but the auction finished mid morning when most people are out doing other things
Old 03-06-17, 06:18 PM   #3544
Kenzie

Battery arrived today for the T3, seems to be working fine. Will only really know once I finish the film. I had the Yashicamat balanced on a display at the tank museum and I was looking down to focus and a couple of kids asked me what it was and if it was part of the display! Sent ten rolls off today, will have to wait until next time to send of the 120 slide film as this causes a delay at the processor. I did notice a large amount of dslr cameras at the castle, I didn't take mine but I had the TZ35 in my pocket. What point and shoot markings were you referring to Yoko? Can't see anything special on my 500G.

Last edited by Kenzie; 03-06-17 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-06-17, 07:29 PM   #3545
yokohama

I like the look of that Minolta Johnny, really cool. I've never seen one of those before either.

I see you've got the 500 G in your hand in that holiday pic Kenzie. The model I have is the 500GX. Auto and 125 shutter speed are coloured green and there's a green mark on the focus scale at about 2.5 metres. I guess the idea is that at those settings, there should be a reasonable amount of DoF for anything but really close or long distance shots so it can be used as a quick, street point n shoot without any need to focus. I tried it on some of my shots and it seems to work
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 07:43 PM   #3546
Kenzie

Hyperfocal or zone focus I think. Is this any good to anyone? 112421901226
Old 04-06-17, 03:04 PM   #3547
Kenzie

Does anyone need/want a Canon Canoscan 4400f scanner? Will do 35mm negs. Boxed with all cables.
Old 04-06-17, 06:40 PM   #3548
yokohama

I'll pass thanks. Not quite got to that stage yet.
Old 04-06-17, 07:33 PM   #3549
Kenzie

No worries, if nobody wants it then it will get donated. Picked up an Epson 2450 off Gumtree which has film holders for 35mm, slide and 120. Took a little effort to get it to work as the drivers pretty much stop at Vista, but compatibility mode has helped. I was having trouble using the 8000f as the glass broke and the driver keeps going squiffy.
Old 04-06-17, 08:12 PM   #3550
yokohama

Praktica Super TL arrived yesterday. I wasn't expecting much but it's in really good condition and in a sturdy leather half case. Meter works and it's got felt/fabric seals. No disgusting foam to clean out. Yaay.
What I was really after, The Tessar 50 is fine optically but mechanically, it's not stopping down properly. Had it in pieces today. The blades are oily and gunked up and I'm not convinced about the tension on one of the springs in the aperture control mechanism. Need to clean it up and reassemble.