SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-06-06, 07:38 AM   #1
JUICY LUCY

Default Lowering An SV650 For A Shortie

Well I'm not too short (bout 5'5), but my heels don't touch the floor. I'm not a strong blokey as I'm a slim female so I would just feel a lot more comfy if I could get my feet flat on the floor.

I've bought a new seat which makes my riding position a whole 10mm lower, but my feet still aren't seeing floor. Has anyone got any suggestions please!!??

Old 21-06-06, 07:40 AM   #2
diamond

Have you changed the dog bones yet ?
Old 21-06-06, 07:48 AM   #3
JUICY LUCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Have you changed the dog bones yet ?

?????? What ??????? R u talking bout shocks ???
Old 21-06-06, 07:51 AM   #4
diamond

I'm only a 5"3 girl and i had the dog bones (some linkage bars on the bar) changed for longer ones. This combined with dropping the front forks through the yokes a little drops the bike by another couple of cm's.

I had mine done by the dealer before i picked it up but you can buy them seperatly and fit them yourself.

HTH
Old 21-06-06, 07:59 AM   #5
JUICY LUCY

Quote:
I'm only a 5"3 girl and i had the dog bones (some linkage bars on the bar) changed for longer ones. This combined with dropping the front forks through the yokes a little drops the bike by another couple of cm's.

I had mine done by the dealer before i picked it up but you can buy them seperatly and fit them yourself.

HTH
OK, thanks a lot I'll look into that and I now know what "dog bones" are now too
Old 21-06-06, 08:02 AM   #6
diamond

If you do a site search for lowering + dog bones there's loads of previous threads about this cos there's a few of us with it done.
Old 21-06-06, 08:18 AM   #7
JUICY LUCY

Quote:
If you do a site search for lowering + dog bones there's loads of previous threads about this cos there's a few of us with it done.
Ta very much. When everyone stops wandering in and out of my office, I'll have a sneaky look
Old 21-06-06, 11:10 AM   #8
TT Dee

I'm just half an inch taller than you and got round the problem with Daytona Lady Star boots. They are built up inside to give you the extra inch or so you need .

May be an option huh!!

Ohhh.... and welcome to the forum
Old 21-06-06, 11:20 AM   #9
Kate

Being just over 5'1" I needed to lower my SV. There are 4 things you can do:

- Get a lower seat
- Get Daytona LadyStar boots
- Get longer links (dog bones)
- Drop the front and back

I can strongly recommend the boots, they are great and really give you the confidence and protection that you need. I would only drop the front and back as the last resort as it does affect handling. Not too much, but you don't really want to affect it if you can help it.

HTH
Old 21-06-06, 11:31 AM   #10
Law

I'm a 5' 4" bloke, got the dog bones and front lowered as well and the seat scooped out (more than 10mm lower). When I stop I just lean left, put my left foot down and my right foot on the brake. I will not be trying the Daytona Ladystar boots.