SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-12-06, 08:04 PM   #1
wyrdness

Default Bloody speed cameras (& @******** cage drivers)

Riding home from work this evening on the north circular, I was approaching the speed camera near Brent Cross at a sedate 40mph. Just before the camera, I spotted some debris on the road, but had no option but to ride through it. I guess that some pillock had been going too fast and had braked hard, and some other pillock had been too close behind and hit them. A couple of minutes down the road and wobble, wobble, wobble. Oh sh!t, flat tyre. I turned off and inspected the tyres, worried that it might be my brand-new <30 miles front Pilot Power. 'Fortunately' it was the rear. I called the RAC and they arrived surprisingly quickly. Mr RAC removed a shard of windscreen glass from the tyre and fitted a plug, inflated the tyre and hisssssss. Bugger, the plug is leaking, but slowly enough that I could ride the remaining 5 minutes home. So I'm going to have to get the tyre repaired or, more likely, replaced tomorrow. I'll probably have to pump it up in the morning and ride the 6-7 miles to Universal in Borehamwood or Essential Rubber in Islington, taking the pump with me and re-inflating as necessary. Unless anyone has any better suggestions.

And to the knob-head cage drivers who weren't paying attention at the camera... F*UCK YOU VERY MUCH.
Old 11-12-06, 09:55 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I hate that camera. Ive sen so many people panic brake there because of it and some of the accidents there seem to be more because people are turning off and time it wrong.

Gutted about your tyre but you could always give The Cavalry a call - 07974 260311. Jims bike when it arrives is a sight to see and he charges FWR prices with 10 or 20 quid on top for comming to you and fitting it. Sadly ive had to use him a few times so i can vouch for how good he is. definately worth govong him a call as you get to sit indoors and wait and not have to worry about a blowout or something on the way to one of those other places.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-06, 01:22 PM   #3
wyntrblue

if you live in london and are going to a place in london to get the tire sorted why not just take the wheel off and take the tube? got to be safer than riding on a dodgy tire...
Old 12-12-06, 03:36 PM   #4
Swiss

Good Idea fella but the SV has tubeless Tyres so it's not an option
Old 12-12-06, 04:46 PM   #5
New Leaf