SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-05-07, 06:04 AM   #1
Bear

Default Anyone got a cheap scooter for sale?

Morning y'all. In a continued attempt to find a bike small enough for me I'm thinking of trying a scooter...

Nah, just kidding. My Lovely Lady has just passed her CBT and is en-route to become a sexy biker chick (like so many others on here...)

As such, she now needs some transport and so we'rwe looking for a scooter.

Anything considered, pref. close to london, and pref something 'grown up' looking, rather than a blinged up streetfight or summink.

Budget is around £1000.

Cheers all!
Old 02-05-07, 06:35 AM   #2
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone got a cheap scooter for sale?

Will see what I can do - there is a guy where I live that does up and sells on scooters.

Tho whats wrong with a 125 bike?

If Rictus thinks that riding a scooter feels like death is just a second away, then surely a bike would be better?

Tho I am sure that all this has been discussed - and when I asked for arguments on why a friend of mine should get a bike rather than a scooter there was no real over-riding argument based on what she wanted/needed it for.

But good news

David
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 07:12 AM   #3
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Will see what I can do - there is a guy where I live that does up and sells on scooters.

Tho whats wrong with a 125 bike?

If Rictus thinks that riding a scooter feels like death is just a second away, then surely a bike would be better?

Tho I am sure that all this has been discussed - and when I asked for arguments on why a friend of mine should get a bike rather than a scooter there was no real over-riding argument based on what she wanted/needed it for.

But good news

David
The lack of a clutch and gears is a good reason if you are in the city.
Old 02-05-07, 09:26 AM   #4
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Might know of a Vespa GT125 thats been well looked after looking for a new home. Though can't remember the asking price at the mo. If your interested and want me to find out more info drop me a PM.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 09:34 AM   #5
thor

Vespa et4 is good for ladies - lighter and lower than most.
Old 02-05-07, 09:49 AM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

Want a race

But seroiusly, if she want's to try a 125 auto to see what it's like give me a shout.

The power, the handling, the speed .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................... I miss them

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 10:46 AM   #7
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

So the Neo won't fix up?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 06:57 PM   #8
kwak zzr

PM'd
Old 02-05-07, 11:59 PM   #9
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmonsta View Post
The lack of a clutch and gears is a good reason if you are in the city.
Nah, you want a Speed Triple for the city. So much torque that you don't need to bother with gears - the ultimate twist'n'go