SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 09-02-09, 07:05 PM   #21
-Ralph-

Default Re: Wirral egg run 29th March 2009

I should be up for this, usually do the MAG Glasgow one but it's been cancelled.
Old 09-02-09, 08:58 PM   #22
stewie

The more the merrier Ralph
Old 09-02-09, 10:27 PM   #23
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirralEggRun
<snip>

Don't suppose any of you guy's and gal's would like to marshal the event ?

All that is involved is departing at 2min intervals and doinfg the run I know you said that you ride as a group but you can still arrive and depart as a group

if anyone is interested please email marshals@wirraleggrun.co.uk to express an interest.

The main objective is to observe and report

Sponsorship forms are now available for download off our website www.wirraleggrun.co.uk

and the police have assured us that it will be running a bit quicker this year.

regs
Grahame
I got this from the Egg Run team. So if anyone wants to marshal please get in touch with them. Also Note the bit about sponsorship - This is a charity run, so either get sponsored or be prepared to put your hand in your pocket - and put paper money in!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-09, 11:46 PM   #24
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I should be up for this, usually do the MAG Glasgow one but it's been cancelled.
Afraid I wont make this now, have friends coming to visit for the weekend. Never mind, doing the Madlanders peak district run the weekend before so thats my consolation.
Old 27-02-09, 11:03 PM   #25
jamessunhill

Sorry to put a downer on this, but I received this email from a member of the Egg Run Team.

The thread does not make pleasant reading.

Quote:
Hi

I write to you because you have registered as a member of the Wirral Egg Run forum.

It may be that you are fully up to date with the awful mess surrounding this year's event and precisely why it is that the organisers of last year's record breaking Run are not involved this year. I know not what you have been told about why we are not involved, we have heard various rumours and stories that are being spread about us.

I would like to ask you to take 10 minutes of your time to read a thread on our forum which sets out what has happened over the past 12 months. Frankly it does not make pleasant reading. It details the threats that we have had to endure and the events that lead up to the split and conflict that, yet again, dog the Wirral Egg Run. We have tried everything we can to sort this awfal mess out behind the scenes, but we have not succeeded.

Here is the thread:

http://wirraleggrun08.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=216

We have decided what we will be doing to ensure that all the monies we raise will be going directly to help sick kids. You can find out more here:

http://wirraleggrun08.14.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=216

As always, feel free to contact me if I can help you with anything.

Best wishes

ian
Also included in the email were his personal email address and mobile phone number, which I will not post for security reasons.
Old 27-02-09, 11:11 PM   #26
xXBADGERXx

Crikey , not so sure of this one now .
Old 28-02-09, 01:31 AM   #27
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Yes folks need to make up their own minds about it. However, no where in that thread has anyone stated that the Police have brought charges. If any of all this alleged wrongdoing was so well documented and verifiable, don't you think people would be facing criminal charges?

I will be thinking about how I donate my money this year, last year I put £10 in the bucket.....
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-09, 02:03 PM   #28
slark01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Yes folks need to make up their own minds about it. However, no where in that thread has anyone stated that the Police have brought charges. If any of all this alleged wrongdoing was so well documented and verifiable, don't you think people would be facing criminal charges?

I will be thinking about how I donate my money this year, last year I put £10 in the bucket.....
+1
Sounds like there has been no evidence of illegal activities, yet alot of suspicion and power wrangling.
EDIT: I'm still going so if people want to meet up, great.

Last edited by slark01; 28-02-09 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-03-09, 02:28 PM   #29
flymo
Mega Poster

I know members of both sides of this argument personally. There is much mud slinging going on and this should not interfere with the purpose of the event. There is no criminal team out there knee capping organisers and stealing cash.

There have been some clashes of personality and some naivety in dealing with money raising for the most part.

If you support it then please continue to do so.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-09, 11:24 PM   #30
regency23

Just wondering if there are any plans with regard to this yet(is anyone still going etc).I'm still up for it but there havn't been any posts for ages.