SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-09-10, 10:36 AM   #1
ethariel

Default Insurance Claims?

Had a bit of a search about and find loads about insurance and costs etc but my question is a wee bit different.

Had the bile nicked, have done all my end of paperwork, calls, chap coming ut for the statement etc inside of 3 weeks, called the compay yesterday and was floored to find that they won't bechasing for the 'Report' for a MONTH then the possibility of a 2 to 8 week wait for a police report before thay will consider paying out?

To anyone in the 'Insurance Industry' - Is that a 'Reasonable' length of time to process a calim or total boll*cks, and would I be better off starting a complain to the ombudsman (i think) now before waiting that long for the beer tokens to arrive back so i have a chance on buying something before the snow and ice arrives.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant but i'm fuming.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-10, 11:24 AM   #2
martin15s

Default Re: Insurance Claims?

IIRC the bike won't be regarded as stolen until one month of it going missing.
Old 18-09-10, 04:42 PM   #3
davepreston

id chase the report yourself from the guy/insurance and plod , ask for a copy of each as soon as poss then send it on to the company asking if they have recived what yove sent, this shows your not happy about hanging about
Old 19-09-10, 12:28 AM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

It's not unreasonable that a certain period passes before a bike is considered properly unlikley to be recovered - it does happen although as we all know none too often.
A month is probably fair, the majority of recovered stolen vehicles that are recovered are found fairly soon, the longer it gets the less likely it is - unsurprisingly.
I personally think two months is not reasonable, in your place I'd be complaining.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 11:48 AM   #5
ethariel

Cheers folks, all said and done it has turned about a lot quicker than I anticipated, cheque should be here some time this week.

Bout time to join the SV650 Trumpet owners club I think!
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote