SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-01-09, 10:46 AM   #1
plowsie

Smile Some first of the year good news from me

The selling of the bike to fund a deposit to rent somewhere is now a thing of the past.

Over the past few months I have been looking to shift jobs etc as I need more money. Well that is also a thing of the past.

The full landscape shot of my job is that I assist advisers with any requirements with requesting client information, paperwork to complete tasks for them etc etc. This is known as a Paraplanner as I have been told. I was told that to get my next payrise I would need to pass an exam or two, which in fairness is fair enough. Now I have been doing some work, quite literally working my ar$e off for the MD where we are attempting to transfer all of our clients onto a new much improved platform from what they are on, thus not getting myself anytime to pick any knowledge up because I am so bogged down with this stuff. We are receiving a substantial bonus from the new provider, meaning when we get an ammount (in four figures) per case we transfer.

So there I am as usual tapping away getting things organised, Office Manager (MD's Son) calls me in, "just gonna have a quick chat with you if I can mate." (The last quick chat he had with anyone was when he sacked my missus). "Don't worry your efforts have been noticed over the past few months and your attendance has been recorded too, the only one to have not had a day off sick since January last year , except when you bust your ankle" (WHOOOODA MANNN???? ) "Yeah so this bonus we are getting, Dad has agreed it is only fair that you get your hand on 10% of it mate, so for every case we do your gonna be getting that, that sound okay?" "Yes mate" "Cool, it'll start from this months invoicing which is the first we will be doing."

We have over 200 clients. This is a big achievement for me, something I did was recognized and getting appraisal for it. The kid that was laughed at when he told people where he was gonna work and what he was gonna do. I think a pointy will hit my garage once I have a new place and am settled And to think that the financial industry is such a volatile place to be working in at the moment, we are grateful for this new platform we have been offered.

That is all
Old 09-01-09, 10:50 AM   #2
600+

Default Re: Some first of the year good news from me

congrats!!! hope 2009 is easier for you
Old 09-01-09, 10:53 AM   #3
Tara

Brilliant New Stu
Old 09-01-09, 10:58 AM   #4
NickWilde123

nice one!!! enjoy the fruit of ur labours
Old 09-01-09, 12:17 PM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Nice one Stu, congrats.

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 12:25 PM   #6
carty

Well done mate, profit sharing is the way forward. Long may the profits continue!
Old 09-01-09, 12:26 PM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Stu Great news fella, I just hope the new 'platform provider' pays up.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 12:34 PM   #8
Dappa D

congrats good to see a good start to the new year, well done that man!
Old 09-01-09, 12:57 PM   #9
missyburd

Fab news, sounds like you've finally got a well-deserved reward, 2009 should be a good one for you!
Old 09-01-09, 01:11 PM   #10
Grinch

Sweet. But I knew that.