SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-01-06, 07:23 PM   #1
davidjohnson

Default Bags

Hi, just wondered if there are any recommendations on what type of bag can fit on the back of a SV650S K5? From looking at the back of the bike, on the grabrail there is a silver pin on each side which I am assuming is for bungee cords, but I haven't seen any bags that can fit on the back. Basically it is to carry my security chain for when I use the bike to get to work as using a back pack isn't the most ideal way of transporting a heavy Oxford chain.

Cheers,
David.
Old 14-01-06, 07:45 PM   #2
TC3

I have a big heavy chain and it fits under my seat but i also have a renntec rack which replaces the grab rail and i can attach a bag to it...if that helps
Old 14-01-06, 07:53 PM   #3
Kate

You can bungee pretty much any bag to the back, it doesn't have to be a special bike bag. You could get a tail pack I guess.
Old 14-01-06, 08:23 PM   #4
Anonymous

You can get little chain bags which have straps which go under the pillion seat and clip/velcro in place. Oxford sell them and you get them with some chains. Very tidy.

TC3 I was always dubious on my K3 of how much weight to put in the 'boot'. When I did the tail tidy I realsied that the base is pretty much only held on by lugs (aparently even a scotoiler touring kit will make the tail fall off..although that may be the shovel and not the rest 'spose).
Old 14-01-06, 09:17 PM   #5
TC3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich

TC3 I was always dubious on my K3 of how much weight to put in the 'boot'. When I did the tail tidy I realsied that the base is pretty much only held on by lugs (aparently even a scotoiler touring kit will make the tail fall off..although that may be the shovel and not the rest 'spose).
To be honest i have not carried my chain under the seat since i put the hamicad on a few weeks ago.....i only carried twice before under the seat so have not really tried it for prolonged use. Definatly wont be carrying it under the seat on my trip to france.....just incase...
Old 14-01-06, 10:48 PM   #6
thor

Bungy net, rucksack.

sorted
Old 14-01-06, 11:57 PM   #7
Last Action Pimp

motrax make a special bag that fits around your rear seat looks neat.

http://www.motrax.co.uk/Index_pages/...ockcarrier.htm
Old 15-01-06, 12:00 AM   #8
rob13

i just bought an oxford deluxe tailpack from Hein Gericke. Usually £90 but theyre flogging them off for £50. Usual Oxford quality
Old 15-01-06, 12:33 AM   #9
Rog

Mate of mine has just bought an oxford luggage kit from Infinitymotorcycles for about £70.

Includes tank bag, tail pack and panniers. I goona wait and see what they are like when they arrive. If they are ok will invest myself for france and germany trip in the summer.

Cant go wrong at that price (unless there sh*t of course )
Old 15-01-06, 03:38 AM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

Hein Gericke do a wee Toureg man-bag thing that's designed to go on big trailie handlebars, but if fits neatly on the rear seat of most bikes- it'd take a chain etc no problem. i used to use it all the time but it ate the paint on my seat hump- now I have it permanently fitted to a pillion seat instead.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote