SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-06-07, 08:26 PM   #21
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: DAS update...happy bunny!!

you said it

hahah im just kidding again

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-07, 07:38 AM   #22
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
Can you make that rhubarb crumble?
Did someone mention rhubarb crumble...count me in, I'll bring my own spoon.
Old 30-06-07, 08:37 AM   #23
K

Some people are just naturals on bikes.
They have an internal sense of balance for both themselves and the machine, a kind of freaky bond that makes them comfortable on any bike and able to reach the limits of their ability quickly on any given machine.

Don't you just hate them.

But, someone who has the determination to achieve even a basic level of skill with a motorbike, who makes mistakes, drops the bike, finds them strange to handle or even sometimes simply doesn't seem to just 'get on' with a particular machine...

... yet still keeps on trying until they have that good day, until they can do that U-turn, until they can wave that little pass certificate in the face of the world and grin like a complete loon...

... you got my utmost respect LouLou.
Old 30-06-07, 08:13 PM   #24
Lou M

I'm behind the times, what was your cornering incident?
I came off my trainers bike on a bend two days before my test (I did three day intensive training). He made me get back on and keep going.

And I passed, and after then he admitted that he didn't know how I walked away from the accident, which shook me up a bit.

So, if I can do it, you can too (though 8 years on I'm still wary of right handers!).

Good Luck for Friday, I'll keep my fingers crossed all day.

Lou x
Old 02-07-07, 08:28 AM   #25
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou M View Post
I'm behind the times, what was your cornering incident?
I came off my trainers bike on a bend two days before my test (I did three day intensive training). He made me get back on and keep going.

And I passed, and after then he admitted that he didn't know how I walked away from the accident, which shook me up a bit.

So, if I can do it, you can too (though 8 years on I'm still wary of right handers!).

Good Luck for Friday, I'll keep my fingers crossed all day.

Lou x
Thank you! Realised the 5th is Thursday tho...OMG my test is 1 day closer than I thought!!

My cornering incident was on a fairly tight left hand bend, the road was wet and I guess I was going too fast even though I'd seen the chevron signs and slowed down. The back end of the bike just went out from under me but somehow I managed to stay on top of it and stop in the middle of the road which was a relief as there was a car coming the other way. Luckily for me there was a junction on the bend and there was a hatched turning area in the middle of the road so the road was about 3 lanes wide where I stopped!

I had another days training on Fri which didn't go to well, dropped the big bike twice so now I'm doing my test on the 125 and will have to get the SV restricted. Thing is I'm now terrified I'm going to drop my SV when I finally get out on it as it seems so big and heavy and I'm a bit of a weed
Old 02-07-07, 12:14 PM   #26
sinbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
I had another days training on Fri which didn't go to well, dropped the big bike twice so now I'm doing my test on the 125 and will have to get the SV restricted. Thing is I'm now terrified I'm going to drop my SV when I finally get out on it as it seems so big and heavy and I'm a bit of a weed
Stop worrying about dropping it

Besides, once you pass your test on Thursday you'll be able to ride and learn how to ride the SV at your leisure. I found my SV to be much lighter than the 500 felt, oh and you can always put a foot (or two ) down at low speed when you're not trying to pass a test
Old 03-07-07, 05:35 PM   #27
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

strangely i found me sv easier to ride than my 125 more stable plus your not constantly going through the gearbox

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote