SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-11-17, 11:31 PM   #621
DomP

Default Re: Accessory Distribution Gizmo Group Buy

Just taken delivery of my Daytona, looking under the seat I'm not sure there is room to move my gizmo over from my sv.

Any daytona owners managed to squeeze one in?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 23-11-17, 02:19 PM   #622
dyzio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomP View Post
Just taken delivery of my Daytona, looking under the seat I'm not sure there is room to move my gizmo over from my sv.

Any daytona owners managed to squeeze one in?

Place the gizmo between the fairing and the rear subframe, you can get the live feed from the rear light (left side, under the rear fairing). It's a weird connector, so you'd have to splice in.
Pass the battery and other wires under the the frame (where the seat lock is).
Actually, I can't remember if I had mine on the left or right hand side, take the rear fairing off and you'll see where it fits.

dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-17, 07:59 PM   #623
ste12100

Hi, Bibio could i have a uprated sv650 one please? I assume you don’t have any right now, but could you message me when you make some more please. Thanks.
ste12100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-17, 08:36 PM   #624
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste12100 View Post
Hi, Bibio could i have a uprated sv650 one please? I assume you don’t have any right now, but could you message me when you make some more please. Thanks.
wont be for a gooood while as i have no plans at the moment to make more gizmo's
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-17, 08:48 PM   #625
ste12100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
wont be for a gooood while as i have no plans at the moment to make more gizmo's
Ah, ok. Looking to get some heated grips onto the bike. I assume it’s probs best for me to try and hook into an ignition live wire then?
ste12100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-17, 01:56 PM   #626
DomP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzio View Post
Place the gizmo between the fairing and the rear subframe, you can get the live feed from the rear light (left side, under the rear fairing). It's a weird connector, so you'd have to splice in.
Pass the battery and other wires under the the frame (where the seat lock is).
Actually, I can't remember if I had mine on the left or right hand side, take the rear fairing off and you'll see where it fits.

Only just seen this, thanks that is where I will put it but Bibio do you do a Triumph plug to connect it into the rear light?

Old 28-12-17, 03:16 PM   #627
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Only just seen this, thanks that is where I will put it but Bibio do you do a Triumph plug to connect it into the rear light?

if its the same plug as the SV connector supplied then you can either unpick the wires in the connector and swap them over e.g. the left to the right at both ends or you can just use the universal connector.

the SV connector is the opposite way round so you would cut or coil and tape the SV connector blue wire out the way then use the universal (blue) connector on the opposite side to where the blue wire is on the SV connector. you then plug the Gizmo blue wire into the blue universal connector.

if its not the same connector then use the universal connector AFTER the brake light switch connector so its part of the brake light switch wiring and not the main loom.

check the continuity first with a DMM, with the ignition on you should get LIVE on one of the brake light switch wires and the other wire continuity should go ON/OFF as you press the back brake lever. you want to use the LIVE for the blue universal connector.
Old 28-12-17, 03:19 PM   #628
DomP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
if its the same plug as the SV connector supplied then you can either unpick the wires in the connector and swap them over e.g. the left to the right at both ends or you can just use the universal connector.

the SV connector is the opposite way round so you would cut or coil and tape the SV connector blue wire out the way then use the universal (blue) connector on the opposite side to where the blue wire is on the SV connector. you then plug the Gizmo blue wire into the blue universal connector.

if its not the same connector then use the universal connector AFTER the brake light switch connector so its part of the brake light switch wiring and not the main loom.

check the continuity first with a DMM, with the ignition on you should get LIVE on one of the brake light switch wires and the other wire continuity should go ON/OFF as you press the back brake lever. you want to use the LIVE for the blue universal connector.
Yes it's a different type of connector, without looking at it is can't quite work out what you mean but I'll have a look tomorrow cheers

Old 02-01-18, 08:19 PM   #629
DomP

Quote:
Yes it's a different type of connector, without looking at it is can't quite work out what you mean but I'll have a look tomorrow cheers

Ohhh...do you mean unpick the wires on the end of my gizmo blue lead and wire/splice it into my rear brake lead after the Triumph plug?

Old 02-01-18, 08:41 PM   #630
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ohhh...do you mean unpick the wires on the end of my gizmo blue lead and wire/splice it into my rear brake lead after the Triumph plug?

did you get two connectors or just the one specific to the SV (connector 1) when you bought it?