SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-03-07, 01:32 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default lets talk insurance..(renewal price difference)

ive just had my renewal from hastings direct and even tho there has been no claims againt my policy they have reduced my NCB from 8 years to 3 because i had the accident last october and the legal protection are still fighting it out they took my NCB just incase? and said if there is no calim made when its all sorted out they will give it me back?
they have quoted me £300 TPF+T so while i was on the telephone to them i asked how much it would be fully comp £605!!!!!!!

ok so its straight on the net for some quotes-

DEVITT = £368.29

BENNETTS = £263.21

how can these companys be so different in there prices?
i shall be calling hastings direct to tell them to shove there renewal up there ar@e!!!
Old 10-03-07, 01:35 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: lets talk insurance.

i am 35 years old and ive been riding 13 years, the devitt and bennetts quotes are fully comp.
Old 10-03-07, 01:46 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Its like that most places, they now consider you a risk to them while other companies want your business. I was with ebike and when i came to renewal they wanted 300 more so i went elsewhere which insured me for less.

Im looking at getting a TT600 or ZX6 and my current insurers want me to pay an extra £160 for the remaining 6 months, i have no choice as i want to keep my NCB going. But on renewal i am sure that elsewhere will be far cheeper, already i have found places cheeper overall for the above bikes.

All mad.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 01:46 PM   #4
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
ive just had my renewal from hastings direct and even tho there has been no claims againt my policy they have reduced my NCB from 8 years to 3 because i had the accident last october and the legal protection are still fighting it out they took my NCB just incase? and said if there is no calim made when its all sorted out they will give it me back?
they have quoted me £300 TPF+T so while i was on the telephone to them i asked how much it would be fully comp £605!!!!!!!

ok so its straight on the net for some quotes-

DEVITT = £368.29

BENNETTS = £263.21

how can these companys be so different in there prices?
i shall be calling hastings direct to tell them to shove there renewal up there ar@e!!!

stupid question, maybe: Did they say what would happend if you lost your case - would it go up further?

When you got your quotes did you say you had an unresolved claim against you?
Old 10-03-07, 01:54 PM   #5
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
stupid question, maybe: Did they say what would happend if you lost your case - would it go up further?

When you got your quotes did you say you had an unresolved claim against you?
yes ive been up front will all insurance quotes, if i loose my case then i remain at 3 years but if i win it i go to 8 years and the insurance company i'm with will requote me and refund me any difference.
Old 10-03-07, 04:43 PM   #6
mattSV
Mega Poster

Default Re: lets talk insurance..(renewal price difference)

Just got my renewal quote from Carole Nash - £227.47 - just need to check if it covers non-legal cans

Bennetts were cheapest last year, however they do not cover me for any bike, so I got Carole Nash to match them last year - think I paid about £250
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-07, 06:18 PM   #7
Toypop

Bennetts were cheeky b*stards!

My premium last year on my 6R was £700. I did a test quote online with my extra years NCB and it was £280 or something. However when they sent through my renewal they said it will automatically renew and they have made me a great saving because it has been reduced to £600!!!!

As it was I was changing bikes anyway but I told them they were ripping me off when I went to cancel the auto-renewal.

Tesco did the same with my car. Reduced it from £480 to £450 but a fresh online quote with them gave me £395!!!

Always tear up the renewal and start afresh!
Old 10-03-07, 08:01 PM   #8
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattSV View Post
Just got my renewal quote from Carole Nash - £227.47 - just need to check if it covers non-legal cans

Bennetts were cheapest last year, however they do not cover me for any bike, so I got Carole Nash to match them last year - think I paid about £250
how many years NCB have you got mattsv?
Old 10-03-07, 08:27 PM   #9
andyaikido

I'm in a similar boat to you Kwak, but my insurance prices are way higher than yours. When shopping around for insurance I have to assume I will lose my claim and can only quote 2 years NCB instead of 5 untill the case is resolved, and that's not going to be any time soon.

Good of your insurer to refund anything you over pay should your claim be successful, I have to go with a new insurer this year so I doubt I will get the difference back should my claim go in my favour.

My renewal came in at £1200!!! For TPFT!!! That's over three times what I paid last year.

This year Bennetts have been consistantly cheapest over a range of different bikes despite my sh1tty circumstances.
Old 10-03-07, 08:38 PM   #10
furrybean

If it help Kwak, I got my new insurance just with Simply that did me £170 for TPFT and legal plus TF on any other bike, Thats me at 24 with only one years NCB.

HTH mate