SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-01-09, 12:33 PM   #1
pencil shavings

Angry Fate

I have a real issue with it. let me explain.

Fate: A fixed decree by which the order of things is prescribed; the immutable law of the universe; inevitable necessity; the force by which all existence is determined and conditioned.

Now to my reading, anyone who believes in that is less than anything else. I know that sounds harsh, but...

If you believe in fate, you are believing that everything is perordanied, your actions can have no impact ont he future, as the future is fatied, such as in final destination, no matter what they did, the died.

People use this as an excuse, a scape goat for their failings, oh it was fate that i missed the bus etc. no it wasnt, it was your fault you missed the bus, take responcibility for your actions and dont try and blaime them on some mystic force that has the ability to influence the outcome of actions.

which brings me on to God, which while i dont believe, makes more sence that fate. God knows what you will do, he dosent influence it, free will and all that, but fate is there afecting your actions no matter what you do.

this lack of control being enforced by fate is a terrible thing to believe in. I fail to see who would want to believe in somthing that takes away your control. If you believe that you are out of control and fate is in control, who would try to do anything... because if fate was truly real, then no matter what you do the outcome would be the same.

then you could argue that by giving up and becoming an alcholic, that is fate. but if you go down that road, all you are doing is tagging the lable 'fate' onto the back of every outcome, when in fact it wasnt 'fate' it was free will and free choice that got you into those situations. once again, take responcibily for the fact youre and alcholic, its your fault not fate.

last point, people seem very eager to blame fait when things go wrong, but when they achieve somthing, suddently its not fate, its them, they achieved not fate. come on people, dont be stupid, if fate can negaltivly affect things, it can possitivly affect them too. so if you believe in fate, you have no control, wether the outcome is good or bad.

I for one cannot see the apeal in believing in somthing that takes away all your achieveements and failiers and blaims them on a force called fate.

wake up. take responcibilty for your actions, good and bad, grow a spine.

please dont say you believe in fate untill you have thought about what you are talking about, untill you have properly assessed the implications of what you are saying.

MY ACHIEVEMENTS ARE MINE!! NOT FATES!!!

MY FAILERS ARE MINE!!! NOT FATES!!!!

well i wish i felt better after that rant, but i just want to get a soap box and go rant to more people!
Old 29-01-09, 12:34 PM   #2
zsv650

Default Re: Fate

your thinking too much.
Old 29-01-09, 12:39 PM   #3
keithd

fate made me read this

i blame fate for wasting 3 minutes of my life...
Old 29-01-09, 12:39 PM   #4
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsv650 View Post
your thinking too much.
other people arent thinking enough
Old 29-01-09, 12:40 PM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post

including your spelling FAIL ?

;P - but well said.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-09, 12:40 PM   #6
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
MY ACHIEVEMENTS ARE MINE!! NOT FATES!!!

+ 1
Old 29-01-09, 12:40 PM   #7
Dappa D

deep breaths ps......deep breaths....or grab that can of special brew and get on with it! hehe
Old 29-01-09, 12:41 PM   #8
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
including your spelling FAIL ?

;P - but well said.
argh!!!

I have mentioned this once or twice (or a million times) but I cant spell, i think I will put it in my sig!

and thanks
Old 29-01-09, 12:41 PM   #9
zsv650

Quote:
other people arent thinking enough
fate is a load of carp it's just a series of random event's that you can directly or indirectly affect based on your action's.
Old 29-01-09, 12:52 PM   #10
pencil shavings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa D View Post
deep breaths ps......deep breaths....or grab that can of special brew and get on with it! hehe
naaa

I dont want to be an alcholic, so i wont. fate dosent have a say in it! lol