SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 15-01-11, 08:39 AM   #2731
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeder View Post
Certainly is possible that I may go to AR
Cool, would certainly be do-able with company on the long journey up there, and it would be a lovely part of the world to be in if August is nice weather wise this year...

Just need a new tent, sleeping bag and probably some dry bags (some Kreiga luggage me thinks...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
...his £5k zx6r is sitting in his shed unstarted, flat battery, bald tyre... what a stupid waste
Sounds like he should let you use his bike after sorting it for you!

Last edited by kaivalagi; 15-01-11 at 08:42 AM.
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-11, 09:14 AM   #2732
kellyjo

Kai, he has offered but i dont want to. Apart from his negligance its mint and i dont want to be the one to drop it, which i would!!
Old 15-01-11, 09:18 AM   #2733
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
Just out of curiosity and I know it's a fair way off, and the EAR rideout will come first way earlier, but is anyone likely to actually go to the AR this year from our region? The AR will be Lancaster way (LA2 8AZ)...from Norwich that's 220 miles or more on straight roads...

If I do it I think it will have to be part of a bigger road trip to elsewhere also with time off work...
Well I've planned to go the AR and probrably SuzukiGT380Paul will go again.

We'll have to go most of the way on main roads, but that's just to get there sooner rather than later

So we could meet you on the A14 somewhere., like we did last year when we met up with KJ, Mightyboosh & Dicky Ticker half way.

But its a long way off, so plenty of time to mull over things

Already bought my tent, £25 incl P&P, which for a Vango is good

http://www.outdoorclearance.co.uk/in...ucts_id=147886
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-11, 09:42 AM   #2734
kellyjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post

Yeah, but are you sleeping in it this year or are you leaving it for the wildlife of the A14 again?
Old 15-01-11, 09:58 AM   #2735
speedplay

Quote:

What do you need a tent for?!

Thought you were a proiper poikey noi.....
Old 15-01-11, 10:15 AM   #2736
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Kai, he has offered but i dont want to. Apart from his negligance its mint and i dont want to be the one to drop it, which i would!!
Mmmmm, still looking for that red SV thou then

Quote:
Well I've planned to go the AR and probrably SuzukiGT380Paul will go again.

We'll have to go most of the way on main roads, but that's just to get there sooner rather than later

So we could meet you on the A14 somewhere., like we did last year when we met up with KJ, Mightyboosh & Dicky Ticker half way.

But its a long way off, so plenty of time to mull over things
Sounds like a plan is pretty much there except for meeting times

Quote:

That Vango tent, how small is it packed? Certainly weighs nothing...bargain for £25

I am in the process of sorting out the bike for proper trips. My car tomtom has just got a nice waterproof case for it along with genuine 1" ram mount fittings (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Waterproof-Cas...ht_3133wt_1141) although I suspect I need a top yoke ball for it once I track down a yoke nut with a hole in it!

I also just put in place wiring for a marine cigarette lighter (direct 10A fused) and am now in search for a hole drill bit for 29mm to ruin my nice new fairing panel with so I can mount it...getting there, just finding I don't have enough tools every time I want to do something else...no 9mm or 11mm spanners for example...trip to Halfords today I think
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-11, 11:12 AM   #2737
Rob969

Hopefully i'll be going to the AR but its a fair way off so we'll have to wait and see. i used one of these onhttp://www.over-board.co.uk/catalog//bwaterproof-bags-and-casesb/duffel-bags/waterproof-duffle-bag-br-60-litres.p47.htmle when i went on a course with a set of oxford first time panniers and a tank bag, managed to get over a weeks worth of clothes plus my uniform overalls and saftey boots plus my xbox and 17" lcd tv and the usual bits like waterproofs spare oil chain lube and things.
Old 15-01-11, 10:03 PM   #2738
svrich

Eventually finished getting the Penske fitted today. Since starting it the other week I've been hit with Man Flu which subsequently gave me a chest infection. Needless to say I didn't fancy spending much time in a freezing cold garage. Everything is back together but I've only sat on it, but it feels very different already. There is minimal drop of the back end even with my post Christmas behind on it. I should be able to get it out on the road tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
As for AR, I'm not able to say for sure yet if I'd be able to make it, but I'd like to go and an Anglian cohort would be good.
Old 15-01-11, 10:26 PM   #2739
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
That Vango tent, how small is it packed? Certainly weighs nothing...bargain for £25
54cm wide, 49cm round and about 2.7kg
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-11, 11:10 PM   #2740
deltron

Hello ladies and gents (and speedplay!),

It's been a bit of a crazy week for me (and not in a good way )

Last Sunday I had (what I can only assume to be) an epileptic seizure. I was away from home and so was sent to see an out of hours locum doctor who told me I can't drive until I've seen a neurologist. I managed to get home (via the joys of public transport!) and see my GP who referred me "urgently". I've been given a date of the 9th of Feb. to see the consultant

I've done a bit of research and apparently 1 in 20 people will have a seizure at some point in their life without being epileptic. Unfortunately it seems that even if it was a provoked seizure (i.e. caused by something like hypoglycaemia) the DVLA won't let me drive for at least 6 months.

There's lot's of conflicting information around so it's just a waiting game until I get a proper diagnosis. I live 40 miles from work so my life has been pretty much turned upside down in the space of a week!

Oh well, **** happens