SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 26-06-11, 03:44 PM   #3331
kellyjo

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Just added another 220 miles to the weekends total, did a fair bit of the Cambridge 'dash', popped to wymondham to the clothing shop (and bought nothing ), through thetford forest to Kings Lynn (nice stretch of road) and goodness knows where else!!

Total ridden miles this weekend = 380!!!
Old 26-06-11, 04:49 PM   #3332
paddy t

Thanks alot , all ive done is 0.6 miles to asda shopping and back .... glad to see ur back on the road again ,hopefully see u (and not ur toolkit ! ) in a couple of weeks
Old 26-06-11, 08:01 PM   #3333
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
popped to wymondham to the clothing shop (and bought nothing )
Could have popped in here for a cuppa - I only live less than a mile from the clothing shop
Old 26-06-11, 08:44 PM   #3334
kellyjo

I thought that was your neck of the woods! I did try putting 'Chez Skip' in the sat nav but the stupidly inadequate thing couldnt find you! Seems like a nice place
Old 26-06-11, 08:46 PM   #3335
Skip
Mega Poster

Was only at home with family avoiding the sun too - don't you have my number?
Old 26-06-11, 08:58 PM   #3336
kellyjo

Nope, dont think so To be honest I wouldnt have felt like I could just invite myself round anyway!

I stopped off at my brothers and found him mid-argument with his wife, she had him mowing the lawn in the full sun, he's either totally bonkers or well under the thumb to be agreeing to that!!!
Old 26-06-11, 09:10 PM   #3337
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
@Everyone, there's a ride out happening this Sunday weather permitting, from Beccles to Barton Mills (near Mildenhall) then up to the North Norfolk coast most probably....everyone amasses on route or at Walkers transport cafe near Barton Mills before heading North basically...sounds like a similar trip to the last one

Details here if you're interested: http://www.eastofenglandbikers.com/n...d5cdfaef1e26f4

I'm not sure if you'll need to register to see the posts or not?
I see the bun fighting has already started on EoEB regarding the size of the rideout! I personally think unless properly organised anything over about 10 bikes is just too many. How do you think it went?
Old 26-06-11, 09:11 PM   #3338
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Nope, dont think so To be honest I wouldnt have felt like I could just invite myself round anyway!
Wouldn't have been a problem - but I know what you mean
Old 26-06-11, 11:38 PM   #3339
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I see the bun fighting has already started on EoEB regarding the size of the rideout! I personally think unless properly organised anything over about 10 bikes is just too many. How do you think it went?
I personally thought it wasn't as well structured as something done by the fine EAR people, and the "main pack" went off on a rampage which considering the ride out was for newbies seemed a bit selfish.....

To be fair though there were markers on corners where people dropped back, even did the marker bit myself, but it was just too fast paced for my liking to be honest. There were points where I was doing obscene speeds to try and catch up from the back to no avail....and I know I shouldn't try to keep up when outside my comfort zone and didn't for the most part but you can't help but get sucked into it all....

I definitely prefer a smaller group and a less manic one too....I wasn't on a track day, I was out for a ride in the sunshine on public roads.....

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-11, 07:43 AM   #3340
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
I personally thought it wasn't as well structured as something done by the fine EAR people, and the "main pack" went off on a rampage which considering the ride out was for newbies seemed a bit selfish.....

To be fair though there were markers on corners where people dropped back, even did the marker bit myself, but it was just too fast paced for my liking to be honest. There were points where I was doing obscene speeds to try and catch up from the back to no avail....and I know I shouldn't try to keep up when outside my comfort zone and didn't for the most part but you can't help but get sucked into it all....

I definitely prefer a smaller group and a less manic one too....I wasn't on a track day, I was out for a ride in the sunshine on public roads.....
Sounds familiar - there are quite a few "hot heads" who just want to ride really fast - a large group rideout just isn't the place to do it. Hence I only ever went on one EoEB rideout.

Smallish reasonable speed 'Org rideouts FTW