SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

BSB & WSB Goto BSB Website
Goto WSB Website

Old 15-04-10, 12:21 PM   #1
SV650Racer

Default My Brands Hatch British Supersport Report

Team Steve Jordan Suzuki rider, Sarah Jordan enjoyed an up and down Easter weekend at the chilly Kent Brands Hatch circuit. Entered into the first round of the British Supersport Championship the weekend proved to be a huge learning curve that has left Sarah wanting more this season.

Sarah explained, We decided to enter select rounds of the British Supersport Championship this season after a successful one of entry into the series last year at the Brands GP round. Im now ready to really start making large improvements in my riding and the bike and I feel entering select round of this Championship will help me to do that. Riding with the countries best Supersport riders you really do have to work hard and I loved being out with them last season for one meeting and learnt so much from it.

Riding the only Suzuki GSXR600 on the grid the weekend started wet and sadly an intermittent misfire in the first free practice meant the team spent more time off track that on it. With the misfire rearing its head again in second free practice it left Sarah with only a few rushed laps to get a base set up into the bike. The team have struggled with lack of testing this season. Normally prefering to travel to Spain early in the year a mixture of budgets and waiting for parts to arrive meant very little tracktime prior to the season opener.

Sarah, though raised her game in first qualifying on a used rear tyre managed to better her previous personal best by just over half a second managing a 49.1 second laptime. The team had changed alot on the bike after the second free practice and it felt great and if I had taken the chance to run a new softer rear tyre the lap times would have fallen even further as the bike felt very very good.

Sadly having taken the chance with a new qualifier for the second qualifying session a mixture of fallen riders and rain spoilt any chance of improvement on the grid leaving Sarah on 36 from 38 entrants on the grid.

Sarah said, I was happy and with the bike problems early on during the weekend was pleased just to be on the grid. The bike felt superb with all the changes we had made transforming the bike. I knew during the day I would have to get a good start but it wasnt to be. I got swallowed up into the first corner and found myself behind a group of 4 riders. The riders in front were not running any corner speed and I started to get frustrated. I knew we had plenty of laps and decided to take a lap out on lap 4 to relax and take stock of the situation. Im not sure now whether that was a good idea or not but the next thing I knew was the bike wouldnt turn around Druids and I didnt realise straight away that was because I was on the floor!. It happened so quickly with no warning.

Luckily there was minimal damage to myself and the bike but I was very annoyed. It looks like we had just simply run out of grip and at least I know not much more lean can be had at Druids.

So a dissapointing end to the weekend for the team but we now know where improvements can be made and we are now looking forward to the next meeting which is with the MRO at Brands GP over the weekend of the 15th May.

The next British round will be Snetterton in July. I would like to do alot more testing and racing in the lead up to Snetterton but our budget is really stretched this season. We are desperate to try and find some extra funding.

If you would like to be involved with the team please email sarah at info@stevejordanmotorcycles.co.uk

The team has planned various packages which include VIP Hospitality, the chance to be a grid girl/boy and the opportunity to spend the weekend working with the team. Most fans can only see from behind the fence so it would be great if they want to help us with the funding for a round and in return we can give alot back.

Many Thanks to current supporters: Bernard Elliott, Halo Leathers, Planet Knox, Fuchs Silkolene, Racedays.net, Suzuki G
Old 15-04-10, 01:20 PM   #2
Holdup

Default Re: My Brands Hatch British Supersport Report

oooooo

can i be grid boy????!!!

im planning on going to Snetterton in July
Old 15-04-10, 01:40 PM   #3
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdup View Post
oooooo

can i be grid boy????!!!

im planning on going to Snetterton in July
Well please come and find us and say hello!. I will put details up of the packages shortly
Old 15-04-10, 07:22 PM   #4
Holdup

I found you at Brands on the Friday but couldnt see any one to say hello too
Old 16-04-10, 03:19 PM   #5
SV650Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdup View Post
I found you at Brands on the Friday but couldnt see any one to say hello too
Was probaly with the bike on the dyno as we had a missfire to sort out.
Old 16-04-10, 06:27 PM   #6
Holdup

Tell a lie lol, bike was there but there was 2 guys talking and no sign of a lady (which i mean yourself) and my party of people walked off maybe Snetterton then!

Last edited by Holdup; 16-04-10 at 06:43 PM.