SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-08-11, 10:34 PM   #11
mynameispatrick

Default Re: Need use of an SV - Bristol

I know nothing on the matter in hand but all the talk of over revving made me think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyJItQYPXQc
Old 12-08-11, 12:34 AM   #12
hongman

lol - wrong thread?
Old 12-08-11, 12:48 AM   #13
Richy_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
That'd be around this area of the road then? I can't think of anywhere else in the street that a street sign would have been put on a house front with the road sloping away to the left. The orientation of the four houses behind your father seems to be correct as well, and the wall out front appears to be unchanged.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Lind...,10.08,,0,8.41
Yes, My Nan owned the house behind the photographer. It was on the end of the row until my dad & uncle built another two houses on the end back in the 80s. Two of the houses are still in the family.
Old 12-08-11, 09:55 AM   #14
lx_online

Best of luck finding somewhere. - great idea.

If it doesn't have to be Bristol, I would be willing to help.

PS - Brackley Bike Festival next weekend - anybody around Northamptonshire should pay it a visit!
Old 12-08-11, 10:28 AM   #15
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Not that it helps but I used to live just up the road from there, The_Only_Nemesis lives around the corner but he's gone and bought a tarts Gixxer

; )

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-11, 10:37 AM   #16
-Ralph-

Aim for between 8am and 9am, just as everyone has left for work, and there will be the least number of parked cars on the street as they have all just vacated the spaces.

You say the houses are still in the family? Take a copy of the picture and explain to the neighbours what you are doing, and they may be kind enough to move a car or two temporarily out of the shot. If they say no, you haven't lost anything by asking.

Look for a local dealer who has an SV for sale, and arrange a test ride. Will probably be easier if you have a UK license at a UK address, but not impossible with an American license if you have the right story.

Nice idea, good luck with it!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 12-08-11 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-08-11, 10:39 AM   #17
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

A long shot, but Fowlers is a big dealership in Bristol city centre. You could see if they have a second hand one in stock and take it for a test ride.
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-11, 02:58 AM   #18
Richy_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobbylad View Post
A long shot, but Fowlers is a big dealership in Bristol city centre. You could see if they have a second hand one in stock and take it for a test ride.
I'm actually planning on dropping in on Fowler's. It's been a while. I used to ride a GSX 250 around Bristol back in 88. Folwers -> Lockleaze might be a bit far for a test ride though (?)
Old 13-08-11, 08:18 AM   #19
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

I'm not familiar with the area so don't know the distance involved. You could always fess up and tell them what you're doing or just see if they'll give you a couple of hours on the test ride.

Not sure how you'd get on by not having a UK license (I'm assuming) but they have 3 black SV's in at the moment (according to their website).

Good luck in any case!
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-11, 12:42 PM   #20
Richy_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobbylad View Post
I'm not familiar with the area so don't know the distance involved. You could always fess up and tell them what you're doing or just see if they'll give you a couple of hours on the test ride.

Not sure how you'd get on by not having a UK license (I'm assuming) but they have 3 black SV's in at the moment (according to their website).

Good luck in any case!
I do indeed still have my UK license.