SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-10-07, 08:25 AM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default effing builder types blocking pavements

As if it is not bad enough they have knocked down a local house to build 6 detached houses in the gardens. (Apparently local planning restrictions don't apply for turning gardens into housing). The ignorant sods insist on parking their vans and trucks on the pavement adjacent to the site, normally this leaves space for a single person to squeeze past and risk life/limb with the A6. A pram/wheelchair/parent&child has no chance

Today I am again taking the dog for his morning constitutional and squeezing past when one of them decides to set up some sort of measure on the pavement alongside his car. When I ask him to move in order to continue I get a feckoff go round.

Now I am not going to walk in the A6 at rush hour so lift his measure into the road and walk to the woods. when I come back he is back at it. Do I need to shift it again. Fecking try. So I did.

I then get more abuse and threats to call the police for interfering with their work. Oh if only we could get the police round here to take notice of the complaints re parking and obstructed pavements.

Is it only us "rural" types that are subjected to this nuisance. I thought in towns/cities they tend to be pretty hot on obstructed pavements parking on corners etc. All my neighbours have plenty of parking. It is just access that is being restricted by non residents working in the area. one day there will be a major accident. In the last 3 years there have been over 10 minor accidents within a 100 yrd stretch of this parking problem.

Rant over, feel better already.
Old 24-10-07, 10:02 AM   #2
FG1

Default Re: effing builder types blocking pavements

Contact their office (number should be on the vehicle somewhere)
Let the office know that they are causing an obstruction with no safe alternative and if the obstruction is not cleared or a safer alternative in place within an hour you will have no alternative other than to contact the HSE for advice on resolving the situation.