SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

BSB & WSB Goto BSB Website
Goto WSB Website

Old 05-04-08, 08:07 PM   #1
sinbad

Default WSBK - Valencia 6th April '08 (Spoiler Alert)

Neukirchner sneaks pole ahead of Yukio on the other Suzuki. What about Yukio's lap though? Talk about on the raggedy edge, great to watch.
Old 07-04-08, 11:14 AM   #2
tricky

Default Re: WSBK - Valencia 6th April '08 (Spoiler Alert)

Kyonari's Superpole lap looked pretty hairy too.

Felt so sorry for Neukirchner, not only to have his win scuppered on the last corner, but a broken collarbone too
Old 07-04-08, 11:17 AM   #3
Flamin_Squirrel

He was one of my fantasy road race riders. Damn Checca, he should have been hauled up in front of the martials for that.
Old 07-04-08, 11:59 AM   #4
sinbad

Yep, it was a win or bust move and not really on, although he seemed genuinely sorry. Good races though, nice to see nitro back at the front but Bayliss is 08 champ for sure I reckon.
Old 07-04-08, 12:49 PM   #5
tricky

Good ride from Kyo in race 2 and another good ride/podium for Jonesy in SS600
Old 07-04-08, 12:51 PM   #6
Pedrosa

The only reason Checa's last turn move appears now to be wreckless/dangerous blah blah...is simply because unfortunately it did not come off. Checa is not an aggresive rider,but more smooth and calculating. He had nipped underneath several other riders as he clawed his way up though the field in similar fashion.

Checa had every right to go for that move,(not too dissimilar from Rossi Vs.Gibernau Jerez last corner 2006?) The only reason it did not come off was that his tyres were well past their best at that point and it is an off camber turn. Hence the front wheel turned in.Hard to blame a rider when that happens to him? It is racing after all not a ride out.

Terribly dissappointing for the young German rider and equally so for the Spaniard. I simply put it down to an honest racing incident.
Old 07-04-08, 12:54 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Checca was reckless. Injured a fellow rider, somebody should be having a word.

However, should questions not be asked about either the track or tyres with all those leaving the track on their arses.

Edit just seen your opinion above
Pedrosa, He had seen numerous crashes due to tyres giving up, he knew by the way he was catching up that his tyres were not going to last, and to go for **** or bust with a manoeuvre he was unable to complete was in my opinion reckless

Last edited by timwilky; 07-04-08 at 12:59 PM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-08, 12:59 PM   #8
Pedrosa

Tim I hear what you are saying but IF that move had come off and no one fell or sadly was injured...we would all be waxing lyrical about Checa today. You cant judge the incident in hindsight based on the fact that regrettably the German was injured.

Or just maybe I have a very odd view of such things.
Old 07-04-08, 01:01 PM   #9
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post

Or just maybe I have a very odd view of such things.

No you is just trying very hard to be Spanish
Old 07-04-08, 01:04 PM   #10
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
The only reason Checa's last turn move appears now to be wreckless/dangerous blah blah...is simply because unfortunately it did not come off. Checa is not an aggresive rider,but more smooth and calculating. He had nipped underneath several other riders as he clawed his way up though the field in similar fashion.

Checa had every right to go for that move,(not too dissimilar from Rossi Vs.Gibernau Jerez last corner 2006?) The only reason it did not come off was that his tyres were well past their best at that point and it is an off camber turn. Hence the front wheel turned in.Hard to blame a rider when that happens to him? It is racing after all not a ride out.

Terribly dissappointing for the young German rider and equally so for the Spaniard. I simply put it down to an honest racing incident.
Disagree. Checca broke so late he crashed of his own accord in front of Max, taking Max with him. He'd never have made the corner - rubbish.