SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 22-09-08, 09:35 PM   #21
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: Bangor U

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...68#post1631368

Have a look here mate , I reckon we should meet in Betwys and fuel up there say around 8:15 , gives us plenty of time to get there and meet and greet the fellow members
Old 22-09-08, 11:49 PM   #22
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...68#post1631368

Have a look here mate , I reckon we should meet in Betwys and fuel up there say around 8:15 , gives us plenty of time to get there and meet and greet the fellow members
Ziv, a little clarification on the above for you (since you've not long since moved to the area).

If you head out of Bangor heading towards Llandegai (easiest for me to desribe it if you come around the U bend at the bus stn - one way road - turn right at the end, and follow your nose to the A55. Once there, don't go onto the A55, but go straight ahead at the roundabout, then straight again at the mini roundabout.

That will put you on the A5. Follow this for around 20miles, and you'll drop down a long hill, the other side of the road is a dual carriageway, but the way you're going will be single. This is the lead into Betws-y-coed.

Follow through the town on the same road, you'll know you're in the right place as you'll pass loads of outdoors shops. Eventually, there's a Shell petrol station on the right side.
Old 23-09-08, 05:37 PM   #23
Ziv

Right guys, this sounds like a great plan, Badger i'll meet u at 815 exactly where baph specified.. ne idea what time i'd need to leave.. assuming im doing the speed limit all the way (probs will tbh cos not used to the bendy roads here) might bring a buddy pillion too who sortve hasa curiusity bout bikes, i assume other riders will b there with pillions neway so yeah!

anyway badger let me kno a time i should set off and i look forward to meeting u and baph

cant wait boyo
Old 23-09-08, 05:55 PM   #24
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
anyway badger let me kno a time i should set off and i look forward to meeting u and baph
I won't be there on the Saturday as I'm working a night shift Friday night. I'm hoping to get down to the bunk house on Sunday (so if you do come back home Saturday, we could ride down together on Sunday - if I'm there & not too tired).

As for setting off time to get to Betws-y-coed, it's approx 25 miles, and mostly NSL areas, with a couple of 30mph limits thrown in, so allow 30-45 mins for getting there. Even if you get there early & have to wait a little, it's better IMO as it'll be your first time riding that way.

(If you could average 60mph over the distance, in theory, it'd take 25mins - 1mile/min).
Old 23-09-08, 11:40 PM   #25
xXBADGERXx

I`m getting up at 7 , I will leave my house by 7:45 and I will pootle over to B-Y-C and meet up with you there , if you are there early then it`s a bonus , we can get up to the bunkhouse and laugh at the bleary eyed party goers LOL . Half an hour is MORE than enough time for me to get to Betwys . I can PM my mobile number top you in case you have any difficulties along the way such as Losing direction or Beakdowns . Always handy to have other numbers of members on rideouts anyway .
Old 25-09-08, 02:52 PM   #26
Ziv

Quote:
I can PM my mobile number top you in case you have any difficulties along the way such as Losing direction or Beakdowns . Always handy to have other numbers of members on rideouts anyway .
Too tru, that would b a big help, and im very much looking forward to it.. i'll time myself to b early just in case
Old 25-09-08, 04:11 PM   #27
xXBADGERXx

Mobile number PM`d to you
Old 25-09-08, 04:17 PM   #28
Baph

Quote:
Mobile number PM`d to you
+1. Drop me a text or PM me your number back, and I can keep you informed about Sunday morning.
Old 25-09-08, 04:23 PM   #29
xXBADGERXx

PM`d the number to you as well Baph
Old 25-09-08, 04:42 PM   #30
Baph

Quote:
PM`d the number to you as well Baph
That's cool, but I already had it.