SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 29-09-08, 06:43 AM   #31
flimbar

Default Re: North Wales Rideout 4 - Are you Home yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
and so glad no incidents.
Um, well almost

I came off on the way home. Was leaving Shrewsbury Sainsburys coming round quite a tight bend on the feeder lane onto the A5, probably a bit fast. As I came round the corner there were objects in the road which I thought were rocks (turned out to be potatoes), dodged one which sent me wide and just for good measure that corner is gravelly so when I braked I lost the front and went down.

Crash bung took most of it, but lost gear pedal and got a hole in the knee of my leathers. Could still get enough purchase on the gear lever to ride home. No injuries, just a bit shaken. Couple of bikers stopped to help me up and followed me to my turn off to check I was ok.

Anyway, apart from that, superb rideout, probably best I've been on, Wales rocks.
Old 29-09-08, 07:03 AM   #32
petevtwin650

Damn, and I bought along my Fixer-peg too.

Doesn't seemed to have dampened your spirits too much Flimbar.

Hopefully see you on the next one.
Old 29-09-08, 08:44 AM   #33
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flimbar View Post
Um, well almost

I came off on the way home. .....
That one doesn't count, you were in england by then!!!....

glad it was not too bad and you are OK. Good man. Nice to meet you fella.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-08, 08:47 AM   #34
600+

Quote:
I came off on the way home
oh pants! had my fixxer peg with me as well

glad you're ok though - and the bike sounds like can be fixed easily
Old 29-09-08, 10:15 AM   #35
DMC

Got to Filey at about 8pm last night, totally knackered and ready for serious rest. Much refreshed now though .

Thanks to Mr Espress for guiding me through some of the Dales roads on the way back, the scenery was spectacular . Think I might have peeled off a bit soon, but I wanted to make some headway. Riding up and around Sutton Bank was interesting in the dark and with a greasy visor .

Roll on the next one .
Old 29-09-08, 11:00 AM   #36
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Um, well almost

I came off on the way home. Was leaving Shrewsbury Sainsburys coming round quite a tight bend on the feeder lane onto the A5, probably a bit fast. As I came round the corner there were objects in the road which I thought were rocks (turned out to be potatoes), dodged one which sent me wide and just for good measure that corner is gravelly so when I braked I lost the front and went down.

Crash bung took most of it, but lost gear pedal and got a hole in the knee of my leathers. Could still get enough purchase on the gear lever to ride home. No injuries, just a bit shaken. Couple of bikers stopped to help me up and followed me to my turn off to check I was ok.

Anyway, apart from that, superb rideout, probably best I've been on, Wales rocks.

Sorry to hear bout your off and glad it wasn`t too serious, hope you`re not too sore today
Old 29-09-08, 11:14 AM   #37
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

ditto re the off dude.

I have a fixer peg too..
but unfortunately my bike never left the garage all weekend
Old 29-09-08, 11:33 AM   #38
Foxy

Quote:
Um, well almost

Sorry to hear about your off and that you are not hurt. It was really good of the bikers to stop and make sure you got to your turn off okay . Foxy
Old 29-09-08, 11:42 AM   #39
punyXpress
Mega Poster

[quote=DMC;1637816]Got to Filey at about 8pm last night, totally knackered and ready for serious rest. Much refreshed now though .

Riding up and around Sutton Bank was interesting in the dark and with a greasy visor .

We can't have been more than 5 minutes apart - I got in just before 7.30
The greasy visor was probably from my SV plus plenty of flies. Did you lift the front ( despite luggage ) or get over 70 up the Sutton Bank straight? wot me officer??
829 miles round trip.
punyXpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-08, 05:41 PM   #40
DMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by punyXpress View Post
We can't have been more than 5 minutes apart - I got in just before 7.30

The greasy visor was probably from my SV plus plenty of flies. Did you lift the front ( despite luggage ) or get over 70 up the Sutton Bank straight? wot me officer??
829 miles round trip.
That first hairpin going up Sutton Bank is sever Its sharper and steeper than anything in the Alps. Yup, got a bit of pace on, just had to slow down when traffic approached cos I could hardly see a thing - All good fun anyway

Thanks again for the route through the Dales, brought back a few childhood memories