SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-02-06, 05:48 PM   #1
big twin grin

Default TCP Holland undertray

Anyone bought or fitted one yet?
Old 03-02-06, 02:47 PM   #2
leesvee

I've got one for my K3, the first one has broken and now the second one has gone. It's cause it supports the weight of the battery, the plastic just snaps and the front of the tray will drop - luckily there's a metal rod a inch below it otherwise the whole thing would rip off.

I'm planning to make a steel cradle to take the weight of the battery and hang it off the sub frame. Then I've got to work out how to hold the plastic back up. Can't really afford to by a new on and the warranty has run out.

Wouldn't advise anyone to get one as it's not up to the job. And having two on the trot fail I think it speaks for itself. (Although I was told mine was the only one in Europe to fail - obviously I was the only person to by one or no one has realised that theirs has fallen apart)

Hope you find a decent one
Old 03-02-06, 11:12 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

I've had 2 for the curvy model and I found similiar things- the whole tray is made out of a hard and slightly brittle plastic, which looks great but isn't veyr resistant to heavy impacts- ie, what happens if the battery bounces around on speedbumps. I cracked the front lugs this way, fixed them up, then did the same with a chain under the seat one day at the back- the whole thing came away.

Still, I do like it for the combination of practical and good looking, so I bought a second one (dirt cheap on Ebay) which I'm reinforcing with oversized washers around the lugs. I'll use rubber washers to fit it up too, and hang the battery from the subframe most likely- I'll not be got that way again.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote