SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 16-09-06, 05:42 PM   #1
diamond

Default Kriega rucksack

I just bought the kriega 25

http://www.kriega.com/pages/r25/R25-topframeset.html

What a fantastic bit of kit, i kinda knew it would be good after reading loads of reviews about it in various bike magazines but in reality it's so much better. It's very subtle to look at, a really good size with a big chunky zip opening at the top, 4 compression straps to stop it flapping around when it's not full and a brilliant harness system. When it is full, and it takes alot of stuff to fill it, you don't notice you have it on. When you ride with it, it's so comfortable, it seems to sit just in the right place on my back and the harness means the weight is not on my shoulders but spread between the chest and hip harness.

It also has loads of accesorises that you can get to go with it. I have ordered a US10, which is a 10 litre (completely waterproof) tail pack which comes with all the attatchment straps for the bike but you can unclip it from the bike and it clips to the rucksack

http://www.kriega.com/pages/us10/us10-frameset.html

I also order a Kube pocket which conects to the harness on your front to add a pocket, ideal for phones and wallets.

http://www.kriega.com/pages/kubepock...-frameset.html

The best bit of all and a fairly good sign of quality is that it has a 10 year guarantee. I bought it to take to Ireland in a couple of weeks on a touring holiday on the bike, if my first impressions are anything to go by i think it's gonna be the perfect rucksack.
Old 16-09-06, 06:59 PM   #2
Beenz

Sounds good, I need to look into getting a decent tailpack. I was pondering the Oxford version but if your stuff works well I may change my mind.
Old 16-09-06, 07:31 PM   #3
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
Sounds good, I need to look into getting a decent tailpack. I was pondering the Oxford version but if your stuff works well I may change my mind.
Just be aware it's not a very big tail pack, i just thought it would be ideal for a few bits and bobs on a rideout, waterproofs, camera etc
Old 16-09-06, 07:42 PM   #4
the white rabbit

The US10 is quite small, but I can get a thin thermal top, thin fleece top, map and odds and ends (camera) in mine. Same stuff as youd get under the SV seat (a bit more). Works great tho and waterproof. You need to order the straps separate I think for the seat.

(Oh and by the way it was a bloke shot dead in/outside that club so we were lucky to get to HG I think )
Old 16-09-06, 07:52 PM   #5
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
You need to order the straps separate I think for the seat.
I checked that, it says on the website they are supplied with it so hopefully i'll get them, if not i'll order them seperatly cos it seems like a quality system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rich
(Oh and by the way it was a bloke shot dead in/outside that club so we were lucky to get to HG I think )
Dodgy place Bristol
Old 08-10-06, 05:47 PM   #6
diamond

Well the Kriega came with me on my Ireland trip (as read about in the photo's section ) what a brilliant piece of kit. With all the torrential rain we rode through, hours and hours of it, everything stayed bone dry. In the tail pack which says it's 100% waterproof and in the rucksack which doesn't have any mention of being waterproof. The small tail pack was a godsend on our day trips, big enough for things we needed, camera, wallets, emergency rations and spare gloves etc and it saved one of us having to carry a rucksack. The rucksack was really comfortable and seemed to carry loads.

My only issue was that the plastic buckle on the chest strap rubbed on the tank quite severly, but this may have been my fault. Being a short **** i have to basically lie on the tank to reach the handle bars and with the rough roads there was alot of movement as i bounced around on the bike, And as i got tired i was resting more weight on the tank. Problem was solved with a bit of tape just above my tank pad. Taller poeple or those with longer tank pads may not have this problem
Old 19-02-07, 06:39 PM   #7
Treacle

Default Re: Kriega rucksack

I just brought the R25. Must admite it is a bit pricy but well worth it. The quality is spot on and boy is it comfy.
Old 19-02-07, 06:51 PM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

Liz...I have to say this on behalf of all that know, and Fizz...NOT ANOTHER RUCKSACK
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-07, 07:04 PM   #9
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Keep up Viney, shes bought another two since she bought that one

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote