SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-06-07, 01:34 PM   #1
Ceri JC

Default Anyone seen that new 'supercar'

I can't remember the name of it, but it was basically a fully enclosed bike (2 main wheels, rear one is one a swingarm, underseat exhaust, tuned 'Busa engine) with 2 stabilisers on it. It was in The Independent's motoring supplement? It was a hybrid vehicle that also had 2 electric motors.

Looked quite interesting, Veyron-trouncing performance and it achieved as much as 85mpg when used at legal speed!

Supposed to be light enough on tyres, etc. to be useable as everyday transport too. The basic idea is they've made the top of the range one (£1 million) and will make the cheaper/slower/more practical variants over time.
Old 14-06-07, 03:26 PM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone seen that new 'supercar'

I have seen it in the times online magazine, supposed to be capable of 300mph+ stabilisers retract at 30mph etc
Old 14-06-07, 04:40 PM   #3
mac99

This the one?

Acabian
Old 14-06-07, 04:45 PM   #4
Ceri JC

That's the joker. Only thing I don't like is the looks (retro-future is soooo late 90s dahhling...), but I concede that the looks are more for purely aerodynamic reasons than aesthetics, so it fits the spirit of the vehicle well.

Only thing that concerns me, weren't dustbin fairings gotten rid of because of their behaviour in crosswinds? I wonder how this one would fare?
Old 15-06-07, 07:20 AM   #5
Tim in Belgium

I want to know how it goes round corners, and will people be boasting about getting their wing mirrors down??