SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-11-16, 02:37 PM   #1
SheepShagger

Default Braided Lines? Look no further.

So the braided lines came for my from the ground up Build today and wanted to share my experiance with the company CPRacetec.

I found these lines on eBay and after a couple of searches, though they seemed decent, and ordered them at £60 for front and rear lines, in the colour of my choosing (Transparent blue)

the kit I ordered was for the gen1 SV 650 but about 10 mins after pressing the buy it now button, I though "**** I've got a GSXR from on there".

A quick google later I found the company website and phone number. Upon calling I spoke to the owner, Richard and explained, SV650, Gsxr thou Blah blah....

He said no problem and has the database of all the bikes and corresponding length of the brake lines fitted as he makes them to oreder, I left it to him.

Bearing in mind this was around midday yesterday, fast forward to today around the same time, doorbell rings and it's the postie carrying a parcel. Open it up and inside are my brand new lines, complete with 4 single and 1 double banjo bolt, all with the correct pitch threads (coarse front, fine rear) all in stainless steel, and all the copper washers needed for the job. Made, sent, and delivered in around 24 hours.

I'm in no way affiliated with this company, but thought that the amazing service and value was worth sharing.

www.cpracetec.co.uk/

Chris.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 04:10 PM   #2
Fen Tiger

Default Re: Braided Lines? Look no further.

Thank you for passing that on. Good service should be applauded. Will place in the memory bank for when I need to change my brake lines.
Fen Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 08:11 PM   #3
500tie

Thanks for that mate I need to change my lines in the New Year, always like to go by positive recommendations rather than just a company name
Old 02-11-16, 08:21 PM   #4
SheepShagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500tie View Post
Thanks for that mate I need to change my lines in the New Year, always like to go by positive recommendations rather than just a company name
Agreed, people only ever tend to ppst about negative experiences unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-16, 09:22 PM   #5
Jacobus

I saw that on your build thread, and I was curious about that. I was waiting to hear more information about your experience before getting a set. Because I am having the same issue with a 650 rear and a GSXR front.

Last edited by Jacobus; 02-11-16 at 09:23 PM.
Jacobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-16, 09:23 PM   #6
SheepShagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
I saw that on your build thread, and I was curious about that. I was waiting to hear more information about your experience before getting it set. Because I am having the same issue what's a 650 rear and a GSXR front.
I have a gsxr front end on it.

Old 03-11-16, 09:45 AM   #7
Blapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fen Tiger View Post
Thank you for passing that on. Good service should be applauded. Will place in the memory bank for when I need to change my brake lines.
Absolutely. If you give me good service you have an allie for life. If you muck me about badly (are you reading this Topyokes.com?) I am a tireless enemy.

I need a rear hose so will give them a go. I normally use HEL as they are fantastic but your guys are a lot cheaper (I paid more than that just for fronts).

Thanks for the recommendation.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-16, 02:00 PM   #8
Hamslay

Thanks for the info. I'm going to order myself some.

For a 2000 curvy, what should i choose between 3 front hoses and 2? What are the pros and cons?
Old 03-11-16, 02:13 PM   #9
tom_e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamslay View Post

For a 2000 curvy, what should i choose between 3 front hoses and 2? What are the pros and cons?
The 3 hose setup is the same as the stock lines, the 2 is known as a race setup as the over the mudguard stock setup is banned in races.

The 2 line is usually a little cheaper, whereas the 3 line means you just route it as stock no need to add it any extra hose clips or anything. Apart from that it's just personal preference.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-16, 02:15 PM   #10
SheepShagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamslay View Post

I went for the 2 line setup.

You wont be disappointed