SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-04-06, 10:28 AM   #1
keithd

Default Hepburn tops "Most Beautiful Woman" poll

Quote:
Hollywood legend Audrey Hepburn has topped a list of the 100 most beautiful women of all time.

The Breakfast at Tiffany's star was chosen just ahead of fellow screen icon Grace Kelly. The survey of 5,000 women was carried out by New Woman magazine.

And it revealed that old-style glamour still has the edge over modern-day celebrities. Sixties sex bomb Sophia Loren and movie legend Marilyn Monroe were also in the top five, alongside supermodel Cindy Crawford.

"When it comes to the most beautiful women of all time, head-turning, full-on glamour wins the day," said New Woman editor Helen Johnston.

"The women who top this list all possess classic, timeless beauty and they know how to show it off to the best effect. Women are now returning to the high maintenance, polished look because it makes them feel fabulous and they know men love it too."

Hepburn, who died in 1993, was the muse of designer Givenchy. Her films include Roman Holiday (1953), Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961) and My Fair Lady (1964).

Both Victoria Beckham and Coleen McLoughlin have cited Hepburn as their style icon. But they are no match for her beauty in the eyes of the public - Beckham managed just 49th in the list while McLoughlin was 92nd.

Modern-day Hollywood stars in the top 10 were Angelina Jolie, Catherine Zeta Jones, Halle Berry and Scarlett Johansson. The late Diana, Princess of Wales was in eighth place.

Supermodel Kate Moss just missed out on the top 10. Sienna Miller was 26th and Keira Knightley 35th.

Old-school Hollywood icons Rita Hayworth, Ingrid Bergman, Katharine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall were voted ahead of Cat Deeley, Teri Hatcher and Kelly Brook.
in my humble there aren't many women around these day (in the public eye) that are a match for ms Hepburn and other stars of the 50's and 60's
Old 06-04-06, 10:33 AM   #2
K

You're right, though I think it's because today, they work for the camera - a true beauty makes the cameras work for them.
Old 06-04-06, 10:36 AM   #3
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I see Boy George was nowhere.
My vote goes to Aphrodite.
Old 06-04-06, 10:49 AM   #4
sharriso74

Posh Spice made 49???!!! she's a dog seen better things running around in Catford Stadium
Old 06-04-06, 10:54 AM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
Posh Spice made 49???!!! she's a dog seen better things running around in Catford Stadium
Is that since its been closed??

Keith, couldnt agree more

Keira Knightley 35th...thats a travisty(sp?) She shold be top 10
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-06, 11:03 AM   #6
Tara

Coleen McLoughlin 92 how the hell did she make top 100
Old 06-04-06, 11:17 AM   #7
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Exactly what I was thinking!
Old 06-04-06, 11:33 AM   #8
goonrider

Default ....

Too many of these Girls make it in on their fame status rather than 'proper' looks, I wouldn't touch Mrs Becks or Cols unless I was mashed.

(49 & 92 really !? )

Where is Pat Butcher then, No 10?
Old 06-04-06, 11:34 AM   #9
cosmiccharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Exactly what I was thinking!
I'll second that ,

Rita Hayworth, Ingrid Bergman, Katharine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall, had airs of elegance that still cuts it today
Old 06-04-06, 11:49 AM   #10
Jelster

How did Sophia Loren only get in at 81 ???

And what about:

Englands own Jane Seymour

And the wonderful Lauren Becall

Bah, waste of time....