SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 22-06-07, 01:52 AM   #21
weazelz

Default Re: Monkey's trackday diaries-13th June-Brands Hatch Indy

no, that's Shaw's Hairpin

you can sort of see the bus stop behind me here:

if you're that short of space for your legs, it sounds like you really could do with some rearsets to move your feet back a few inches & give you some more space. they really do move your feet to the rear & not just up
Old 22-06-07, 02:14 AM   #22
monkey

Bugger me. I googled Mallory and not one course map labelled it as "bus stop" but just chicane.

Might try some of these (But right way up!):

I think you can get some offering even more positions. Cheaper than rearsets. Then I can flog my nicely engineered Buell pegs! Was looking at your pics on photobucket after the one you sent. Hope you don't mind. Your bike looked a bit of a state. You done a post on here about what happened? No wonder your rear is 2 inches out! Mechanic I know said they are easily straightened with a length of scaffold. Said he's done much bigger bikes without a subframe.
Old 22-06-07, 05:07 PM   #23
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
Your bike looked a bit of a state. You done a post on here about what happened?
lol - that's the cumulative effect of rather a lot of crashes. I think the subframe mostly got bent when I looped the bike off the mountain & fell off the back. that's where the scrape on the top of the tank came from too. the particular damage in that photo is from an ~80mph highside at Lydden earlier in the year. looks worse than it is - just a flesh wound really