SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-09-15, 05:08 PM   #271
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

For those who don't have a Poundland nearby or those that don't stock it:

http://www.poundland.co.uk/agfa-vist...ra-film-200-24
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-15, 09:11 AM   #272
Kenzie

Default Vintage film cameras

Packed ready for Cheddar Gorge

Sent from my Xperia T
Old 08-09-15, 04:05 PM   #273
Kenzie

The scanner arrived on Monday, sadly when I unpacked it today the glass was smashed. The negative holders allow me to still use it. The seller is going to contact Hermes as she wrapped it really well and it still got broken. Example of scan:

Old 11-09-15, 05:47 PM   #274
Kenzie

Sadly Hermes exclude anything with glass from their compensation scheme. Bought the scanner to do 120/127 negs but can't do so without the glass. Was really the only reason I bought it as I already had a 35mm scanner. Scanning 35mm entails balancing the film holder and hoping they don't fall into the scanner.
Old 13-09-15, 10:09 AM   #275
Kenzie

Above Cheddar Gorge. Olympus OM10 and Kershaw King Penguin.
Old 14-09-15, 04:12 PM   #276
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Shame about the scanner as that one looks good. How's that going to pan out? The seller should have checked that stuff first when she chose the carrier. I did when I sent a lens off for repair - it had to be Royal Mail for that reason.

I've been away on hols but only used a digi, however managed to pick up a couple of cameras on ebay by putting a bid on and leaving it. One is a Zeiss Ikon Contessa LBE - yes another one, but this is the last one with fancy flash-aperture control stuff, never seen one for sale before. Needs a bit of cleaning, as ever. The other is a Zeiss Ikonta 35, seemingly one of the earliest ones. really needs cleaning as the shutter blades are sticking, otherwise in reasonable nick. It's is missing a tripod bush and flash sync, which I think are because of its age - the later ones had it - and I didn't realise when I bunged the offer in. Is looking nice on the shelf for now though!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-15, 05:12 PM   #277
Kenzie

I keep looking at various Zeiss models, needs to use what I have first. The seller has refunded me and said I can try and fix it. Asked if they wanted it sent back but she said no point. Probably going to cost a bit to get some glass cut so no idea what I'll do with it. Still got the other 35mm scanner though. Only really bought it for 120/127 but can only do that with glass. Bought an Olympus Trip AF 30 for £2.50 from a charity shop. Felt sorry for it as it was covered in gunk. Bit of a clean and new batteries and it fired up. Also like the look of a Minox GL. Going to take one of Trip 35s to the German chrimbo markets, load it with 400iso film and do some night tripping.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Last edited by Kenzie; 14-09-15 at 05:25 PM.
Old 14-09-15, 05:44 PM   #278
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Worth asking a glazier if they have glass suitable (good optically), or looking for an intact one with some other problem perhaps. Maybe even have a google for the cost of a repair, sometimes these things aren't too bad.

The Zeiss 35mm cameras ended in the late 60s but are well made and seem easy enough to work on. The Contessas come with or without rangefinders, and with or without meters; the Contessamat is really the only one with automatic exposure - you set the shutter speed and it sets the aperture. Quite sophisticated (even has AE lock) but not many around. There were various viewfinder models - Tenax, Colora - the Contina ones are probably the best bet of this bunch. In MF were Ikontas and Nettars, the latter were budget but still good, and with Novar lenses stopped down a bit they're not far off the Tessars and they are cheap as chips. The Pantar lenses on the 35mm ones though are worth avoiding. Like any camera with a selenium meter though, it's worth asking if it responds, as unless they've been kept in a case or in the dark, it'll be dead, but they can all just be used manually.
Old 15-09-15, 07:46 PM   #279
Kenzie

Got an email from Retro Photo Supplies today. He is looking at getting some colour 127 film. He is also looking at doing 828 film as well.

Sent from my Xperia T
Old 16-09-15, 09:09 PM   #280
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

"Need to use what I have now"

Yeah I said that before. I've picked up a couple of lucky finds in the past, like the Pentax MX and K2 with f1.2 50mm lens (worth more than all my cameras put together), so I can't resist a look at Gumtree, or worse, the Bay of Pigs, and being tempted. Right now I have the Pentax K2 which I have never used (the lens above is being fixed now), the Contessa 35 (folding) that just arrived, Contessa LBE, and Contessamat SBE Zeiss Ikon cameras that all need some cleaning up, plus the Mess Ikonta which has a slow shutter. The amount of time I need for any of these is unknown plus I'm meant to be studying so I should prioritise, stop buying stuff (am blaming you for this - a bit!) and maybe do some DIY around the house a bit. But...