SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-11-05, 06:19 PM   #1
lawsoc

Default new kawasaki ern 6

Has anyone had a test ride yet ? If so what did you think in comparison to the svs 650.
I am considering swapping as I think it will be easier riding position for me for visability etc ? but my only concern is will I find it a lot more 'windy' than the SVS 650 not that I really go over 70.
My local dealer has just got them in but he is not putting one on demo yet as beleives they will go straight out. I quite like the look of the yellow one, however I think I will wait to look at the faired version also, but this is quoted as higher seat height (I'm only 5'4'')

Cheers

Claire..
Old 08-11-05, 06:47 PM   #2
kwak zzr

i like the wavey disks but thats about it "sorry"
Old 08-11-05, 06:54 PM   #3
El Saxo

Not my cup of tea either.

Saw both the faired and naked versions at the NEC and dont like the look of either one. Despite the 650cc engine it seems more similar to the smaller 'first bikes' to me, like the CB500S, GS500F etc, due to the high bars, low footpegs etc. I just don't see it as a genuine competitor to the SV.
Old 08-11-05, 07:59 PM   #4
GregK2

Sat on it at the NEC, and it just didn't feel right - the seat seemed to be set at an angle so you ended up sitting right on the tank.

Give me blue and curvy any day......
Old 08-11-05, 08:02 PM   #5
rwoodcock01

It felt to low for me and the NEC, felt much smaller than my SV, the wife however loved it, horses for courses I guess.

Cheers

Rich
Old 08-11-05, 08:04 PM   #6
Big Bad Al

The faired version looks quite cool imo! Trouble is if I could I'd have loads of different bikes. So many good ones to choose from. If I was buying new I'd be interested in this - subject to a good test ride of course.
Old 08-11-05, 08:12 PM   #7
SVeeedy Gonzales

Mate sat on it at the NEC and said it was OK. Also sat on the new suzuki gsr 600 and said it was stupidly wide and not nice to sit on at all. He's loved the new Yamaha MT03 though - the whole riding position - said it was slim and easy to sit on comfortably, plus it looked good in the flesh. If so he'll be getting one in a few months...
Old 08-11-05, 11:55 PM   #8
Vfr400

Quote:
Me too!! I saw it in the flesh at the NEC and still didn't like it.

BTW did anyone notice the new blue for the K6 bikes ?

chris
Old 09-11-05, 09:56 AM   #9
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK2
Sat on it at the NEC, and it just didn't feel right - the seat seemed to be set at an angle so you ended up sitting right on the tank.

Give me blue and curvy any day......
same here, and the headstock and yokes look soooooooooo cheap, my mountain bike looks tougher
Old 09-11-05, 10:11 AM   #10
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
They're hardly 'wavey' disks are they They've just had little 'chunks' taken out of them