SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-04-06, 08:24 AM   #1
mic_hull

Default Calling All tall sv riders

Im 6 foot tall and have the standard size screen on my sv650s, at the moment i can feel the air of the screen on my neck area, im a bit worried about getting a double bubble as the air may then get directed straight at my head.

anyone got any recomendations on a good screen for my hight?? (tinted black)
Old 26-04-06, 08:30 AM   #2
Tim in Belgium

6 foot myself, and have fitted a dark tint fabbri double bubble to my curvy, helped out a fair bit, comfy at speed and on auto routes etc, so would imagine it should be similar on a pointy.

Anyone got any advice on getting comfy on motorway stretches, I find after more than half an hour I'm really starting to seize up, even when I try various "positions" on the bike (elbows on knees, front/back of seat, head up, head down). I'll just have to stick to the twisties!
Old 26-04-06, 08:56 AM   #3
Cloggsy

I'm 6ft too, I put an Airblade of mine (from eBay - £25 from memory) It worked for me

Old 26-04-06, 10:00 AM   #4
Lee Rainbow

put f fabbri double bubble on mine makes nailing it down the motorway even more enjoyable

Old 26-04-06, 10:49 AM   #5
silent

my bro has a fabbri i think and it looks very much more effective than the standard. i have a curvy with db, and am 6ft 2, im not all that impressed with it, but my bros pointy with screen looks far more effective.

Andy
Old 26-04-06, 12:00 PM   #6
daddy_sperm

got a puig double bubble screen on mine im 6ft2 sorted my neck breeze problems out
Old 26-04-06, 12:03 PM   #7
Captain Nemo

i got a powerbronze airflow one, better than the standard, and looks sweet.

not that cheap though, went on easy enough, once i figured out how to do it
Old 26-04-06, 01:46 PM   #8
paulthewitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent
my bro has a fabbri i think and it looks very much more effective than the standard. i have a curvy with db, and am 6ft 2, im not all that impressed with it, but my bros pointy with screen looks far more effective.

Andy
nah, mine is a suzuki aftermarket double bubble. not much bubble in it, looks more like a touring screen! but it seems effective.

Paul
Old 26-04-06, 01:47 PM   #9
JakeRS

6 foot myself... still waiting to fit a screen!!! God my neck and back hurt...!
Old 26-04-06, 02:04 PM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I'm just over 6ft I've got a Powerbronze DB on my curvey and it works well. Liz has a Fabri double bubble on her K5 and thats really effective much better than the powerbronze is.

You'll get on fine with the Fabri

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote