SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-11-08, 11:51 PM   #1
davepreston

Wink Nice things from orgers

Someone done you a favor, givin you good advice or just a crackin deal on a bit for you bike. Name and shame, sorry thank them here so everyone knows who to annoy, sorry again ask thoughs burning questions.
Old 03-11-08, 11:55 PM   #2
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Nice things from orgers

Lots of excellent advice, help with parts, laughs and pi$$taking gratefully recieved from too many people to mention. Cheers all.
Old 03-11-08, 11:59 PM   #3
xXBADGERXx

Flymo for flogging me a spot on GSXR1000 shock for £50 , transformed that bike for me . Baph for dragging me along to the Brewery Tap for my first ever Border Patrol meet , may have been first of the year as well . Luckypants for doing the NW3.5 and 4 rideouts . Lone Wolf for "Ba Dum Tish" , it made me chuckle so hard . And all the other reprobates on here that make it such a fun place to be .
Old 04-11-08, 12:07 AM   #4
Lozzo

Natcar for selling me his K5S nice and cheap.
Old 04-11-08, 12:21 AM   #5
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Lots of excellent advice, help with parts, laughs and pi$$taking gratefully recieved from too many people to mention. Cheers all.
I have to agree, also thanks to all the girls who have contacted me with kind words, warm hearts and fast wit.

You know who you are, every word was appreciated and every kindness welcomed. Shucks... I love you lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 12:22 AM   #6
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Northwind for gutting and old engine for my new Gearbox... Cheers Pal.
Old 04-11-08, 12:39 AM   #7
Lozzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
I have to agree, also thanks to all the girls who have contacted me with kind words, warm hearts and fast wit.

You know who you are, every word was appreciated and every kindness welcomed. Shucks... I love you lot.
They're just after tips and advice for those occasional trips to the dark side that all girls have from time to time.
Old 04-11-08, 12:57 AM   #8
chakraist

Hmm... in no particular order:

Blue, top bloke in person and sold me my first bike and always there to give me advice no matter how banal my questions are.

Stewie for giving me a restrictor kit for the above bike at no cost, still owe him a pint!

AndyB for selling me my second bike with front-end swap done which I have put about 10k on since April. If I could carry it on my back, I would, it's like a second home and set up perfectly for me (apart from squidgy shock).

SVRAsh for selling me an engine, spare fairings and a tank for when I was going to do my old bike up and sell it, also we've had numerous chats on everything ranging from washing machines to bikes to fishing.

YC for also answering my banal questions, would definitely consider riding up to Leeds for next service time as seems like such a decent bloke.

Also Northwind has answered some questions I've had in the past; Kent to Scotland is a long way but I'm hoping to do it for next year's Ecosse.

I've been here over a year now and occasionally come on and drunkenly ramble in the idle banter section, I love this place and it's the only forum for me.
Old 04-11-08, 01:38 AM   #9
BanannaMan

Lissa... found for me a place (here in the US...no less) that sold the correct fairing decal for my bike.
Thanks again!!! I owe you one!

Lots of others... for the kind words after I got all busted up in a highside in July.

....and just about everyone else here for being so nice.

The .org is the best forum on the net!

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-08, 07:00 AM   #10
mister c
Mega Poster

Would like to say thanks to everyone that sent GWS while I was in Hospital after my crash.
Plus everyone off the .org that has made me feel welcome on the outings that I have attended.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote