SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-17, 05:00 PM   #11
kevsbored

Default Re: MGT061 but not restricted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapo View Post

...is there a chance it could slip through due to the ECU being the correct part despite the performance...???....

...is there no special dispensation for missing documents...???...
I'm going to give it a try next week. This is Switzerland where rules are rules and special dispensation doesn't exist.
Old 07-07-17, 10:42 PM   #12
Hapo

...try to look casual...!!!...(grin)

...I have received special dispensation for hideous road crimes a couple of times, advoiding suspension and jail time...

...all I had to do was ask nicely and act respectful...America is great...
Old 08-07-17, 08:39 AM   #13
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Fessing up and being respectful works in UK most of the time too, nothing police hate more than wiseguys. Doesn't work every time cos some police still have their quota to fill for the day, but always worth a try. Does not work with speed cameras either, and more average speed cameras springing up now, but if you go through first camera too fast all you need to do is slow to less than limit and you will be ok.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 02:11 PM   #14
tom_e

The Swiss are hot on everything involving their vehicles, there's no ifs buts or maybes you must be 100% correct on all your paperwork and every part must be certified.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-17, 05:57 PM   #15
Hapo

...I really like Swiss cheese but not Swiss law...

...everything is in order except the bike performs as an unrestricted model if I understand the situation correctly...???...
Old 08-07-17, 09:07 PM   #16
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapo View Post
...I really like Swiss cheese but not Swiss law...

...everything is in order except the bike performs as an unrestricted model if I understand the situation correctly...???...
You make a good point. Restricted ECU and paperwork match. So unless they dyno it, all is in order?
Old 09-07-17, 10:31 AM   #17
Hapo

...I don't think we have been of much help here...
Old 10-07-17, 02:08 PM   #18
kevsbored

Bummer. Documents were rejected again because one part of registration document says not restricted. Trying to phone Suzuki France now but person who does COCs is out for a week. Meanwhile bought correct ECU part from ebay just to see if different.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Old 23-07-17, 04:43 PM   #19
kevsbored

An update for anyone interested or others who land in the same predicament. I called the woman who deals with COC at the head of Suzuki France who said a 25kW COC was the ONLY COC obtainable as the bikes are delivered from Japan to France as 25KW. I asked how I was supposed to register it with the wrong COC and she just said sorry can't help you.

I also bought a correct ECU on UK ebay last week and had it posted here. Part number MGT060. I took it for a blast and it made absolutely no difference. Still goes right up to the red line without hesitation. I reckon they must re-flash them. Strange how they won't tell me.