SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 17-07-06, 10:14 PM   #141
5hort5

mmmm, I was thinking about going on the 06 ride out but considered myself not experienced enough for it, judging by the stories in here there is not ****ing way on this planet I will be going on the next one unless I'm in a car.
Old 17-07-06, 10:28 PM   #142
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hort5
mmmm, I was thinking about going on the 06 ride out but considered myself not experienced enough for it, judging by the stories in here there is not f*cking way on this planet I will be going on the next one unless I'm in a car.
Don't be silly it really was only one or two riders that misbehaved. Everybody else rode very well and very sensibly.

Just remember to leave yourself enough space so you can stop if the bike in front of you does and to ride at your own pace and not get drawn into going faster than you feel comfortable and you'll have an ace day out.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 17-07-06, 10:30 PM   #143
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
mmmm, I was thinking about going on the 06 ride out but considered myself not experienced enough for it, judging by the stories in here there is not f*cking way on this planet I will be going on the next one unless I'm in a car.
Whilst of course it's your choice, i know you're wrong to base attendance next year on just this thread, as it's not at all representative of the rideout as a whole.

Given you current stated position, perhaps riding with others locally would be a good start, then AR07 you could ride within a group of people you are already comfortable with ?

Having attended a number of these, I can say they get better each year and lessons are learned all the time to make the following years ride even more enjoyable than the last.

But each to their own I suppose.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 17-07-06, 10:34 PM   #144
lynw

Quote:
Then you have:

a. read the thread completely wrong and taken the extremely few incidents out of all proportion. The reason nothing happened is because of the exceptionally high riding standards demonstrated by nigh on all the riders involved.

b. the wrong attitude to a rideout like this. Whats been raised here was more peoples perceptions and judgement raising issues of concern. Nigh on everyone respected other people on this rideout, more than you will get anywhere else I reckon.

You ride your ride, no-one elses. If you think the rideouts about riding to keep up and ride beyond your experience and capabilities then tbh it wont be a bad thing if you werent there on a bike tbh. It really doesnt matter if you opted to bimble along the route the whole way at 50mph. People will think more of you for it than becoming a liability and riding beyond your capabilities and making mistakes.

c. no idea of the people involved and the above comes across as an exceptionally harsh judgement on nearly everyones riding based on forum posts about 2 people.

Old 17-07-06, 10:46 PM   #145
Ed

Quote:
Well it's your choice. I was at the back making sure nobody got lost (they didn't so I must've done something right). Yes there were one or two ********s but isn't that true of life generally.

You would be stupid not to come based on this alone.

Miss it, die one short

Me? I'll be there

Old 17-07-06, 11:01 PM   #146
Demonz

Quote:
Thats a rash judgement to make based feedback on a day out. The good thing about the forum is we get to mircro-discuss things that are close to heart. As we enjoyed it so much it was worth disussing in detail including some area's that may be improved upon. Sorry to hear its put you off coming - 12 months from now I hope you feel like you have enough experience to come along.

Old 17-07-06, 11:01 PM   #147
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed

Miss it, die one short
So is that the slogan for next year then Ed?

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 17-07-06, 11:03 PM   #148
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed
Me? I'll be there
Yeah, but you're officially reckless and irresponsible!

I was mainly mid-pack on the AR. More than any other ride I've ever been on, I was free to choose my speed, and choose my company, overtake or not, because of the marker system and the huge variety of riders. I spent a bit of time with some of the faster guys, a bit of time really taking it very easy, it was all great. I did see some bad riding, but it was absolutely trivial in the grand scheme of things. I've never felt more at ease in a rideout, even ones with only half a dozen riders that I know, and that's saying something. Don't miss it, basically. It was fantastic, and it'd need for the bad riding to be orders of magnitude worse than it was to be a problem.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
Old 17-07-06, 11:23 PM   #149
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed

Miss it, die one short
So is that the slogan for next year then Ed?

Cheers Mark.

ED- that's my quote i use about women..!!!!!

oh no- I mean doughnuts !!
Old 18-07-06, 08:54 AM   #150
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
I think the guys above have said all the good things to say so i'll just add this... If you do decide to come by car make sure you offer to be the support vehicle for your area and load up your car with everyones sleeping bags and tents so they have less to carry there and back.
If you're gonna bring a car make good use of it
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P