SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-01-09, 03:34 PM   #1
stewie

Default Weekend meets

Ok, I know we havent had the first one yet but I want this to be the best attended section on the ORG. this year and if we can get regular meets going I reckon we could probably attract a load more lurkers to our midst, so, where and when do we have out next meet ? should we go for weekly fortnightly or monthly or more loose, as in the forecast is going to be nice this weekend where should we go ? Also should we have some diferent meeting places than we do for the weds meets ? Discuss
Old 20-01-09, 04:02 PM   #2
markryker

Post Re: Weekend meets

I am gonna try get to as many as i can this year Stewie, hopefully more events will fall when im on me days off in 2009!
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 04:04 PM   #3
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Weekend meets

I'd be a fan of the 'where shall we go this weekend' type of organisation on here, with a regular meet in the week.

We can strike out to the Dales / Lakes from a meet around Warrington / Liverpool. The Peaks are available from Stoke area meet. North Wales from Pondy / B-y-C. Mid Wales from Shrewsbury / Chirk.....

So we can meet up, go for a bimble, lunch / ice cream / chin wag, bimble home. I'm thinking of short (-ish) social rides to a place of interest (pub /cafe?) with time for a chat. There seem to be plenty of longer rides planned to, (MM2, Barmouth, NWx etc) so those wanting a 'proper ride' will also be catered for.

What do folks think?
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Last edited by Luckypants; 20-01-09 at 04:09 PM.
Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 04:05 PM   #4
mister c
Mega Poster

I am working on plans that will see me possibly working a lot more hours than I do now, so I don't want to commit to saying yes when it may be a no. Can't tell you what I'm up to on here, but, hopefully should sort my life out
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 04:05 PM   #5
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markryker View Post
I am gonna try get to as many as i can this year Stewie, hopefully more events will fall when im on me days off in 2009!
Cool, Im not trying to take over the section btw, just wanted to get the ball rolling.
Old 20-01-09, 04:09 PM   #6
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I'd be a fan of the 'where shall we go this weekend' type of organisation on here, with a regular meet in the week.

We can strike out to the Dales / Lakes from a meet around Warrington / Liverpool. The Peaks are available from Stoke area meet. North Wales from Pondy / B-y-C. Mid Wales from Shrewsbury / Chirk.....

So we can meet up, go for a bimble, lunch / ice cream / chin wag, bimble home. I'm thinking of short (-ish) social rides to a place of interest (pub /cafe?) with time for a chat. There seem to be plenty of longer rides planned to, (MM2, Barmouth, NWx etc) so those wanting a 'proper ride' will also be catered for.
Yep my thoughts too, we are in poss one of the best areas going for variety of terrain, roads etc. thing is, its up to us, I wont be able to make all the planned runs, thats life and shift work as well and Im kinda hoping the weather will help us out this year as well.
Old 20-01-09, 04:11 PM   #7
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
I am working on plans that will see me possibly working a lot more hours than I do now, so I don't want to commit to saying yes when it may be a no. Can't tell you what I'm up to on here, but, hopefully should sort my life out
Go on, what you up too ? thing is it,d be good to see you whenever you can get out, maybe we should have a regular meet in Crewe
Old 20-01-09, 04:13 PM   #8
markryker

Post Re: Weekend meets

Quote:

What do folks think?
Nice one Mike, i would be one to vote for that
Renthal streetfighter bars, Carbon can co exhaust, tail tidy, seat cowl, rear hugger, front mud thingy, hel braided lines, clear indicator lenses,fairing lowers, crash bungs, k&N air filter, chewys mirror extenders
markryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-09, 07:23 PM   #9
bigspud

Quote:

What do folks think?
now thats the sort of thing i,m looking forward to.count me in
Old 21-01-09, 12:44 AM   #10
markmoto

Quote:

What do folks think?
Sounds good mike, variety is the spice of life an all that