SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

View Poll Results: Does your other half like riding pillion?
Yes - "Who needs alton towers?" 33 57.89%
No - "Get on that? You must be joking!" 19 33.33%
My other half is currently the TV... 5 8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-05, 04:44 PM   #1
thor

Default Does your other half like riding pillion?

So, my GF sits on the back of Joe's Thundercat for a short ride last night and think's its really cool. This was totally not the result I was expecting! Is this unusual? What is the situation for other people? Is it a state of affairs that you are happy with?
Old 11-04-05, 04:56 PM   #2
Ed

Mrs won't even sit on the bike when it's on the stand
Old 11-04-05, 04:56 PM   #3
jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Mrs won't even sit on the bike when it's on the stand
Second.
Old 11-04-05, 05:10 PM   #4
adam

she loves it for short trips. Anything more than 10 minutes the whinging starts , my hands hurt, the seat's uncomfortable, it's too windy and so on. I go solo now only, not worth the hassle
Old 11-04-05, 05:10 PM   #5
will

took the mrs round the block (see avatar) and she loved it

it was my first time taking a pillion, i was not so keen. happy taking responsibility for my own safety, it's something else when you have got a passenger on board.

i'm sure i'll get used to it.
Old 11-04-05, 05:15 PM   #6
nickj

Took my missus on the back for the first time at Easter and she loved it, wants to get her own gear now for next time and has even talked of doing her CBT to see if she likes it and then her test.

Hope she don't expect to borrow my bike later on..........

It was first time i'd done pillion as well and i found it much easier then exepcted and this was on country lanes in shropshire.
Old 11-04-05, 05:18 PM   #7
BURNER

I fitted a solo seat cowl and removed the rear pegs to avoid having to cart somebody about on the back.
Old 11-04-05, 05:45 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Had my bike 10 months now. Been on at the g/f about getting on it for about 8 months now.
Taken mates pillion and its not a problem for me at all.
Got her a lid couple weeks ago now and took her for a gentle spin round to the supermarket.
First time for her on a big bike....and she liked it. (yay)
Now she wants to come to soho one night and i'm really torn if i bring her before buying ALL the gear in case she hates it. Or do i value her too much and wait till she has full gear and its safer for her.

Either way i really want her to come on the rideout and hope to take her for a spin down to brighton before then too.

While washing the bike last week i asked her to sit on it so i could check the clearance of the swingarm/zorst. Theres me saying "its ok...just balance hun, i'm holding it at the back etc etc"
Look up and there she is pretending to give the throttle some and lookin all round herself and in the mirrors....only to procalim "i think i like it better up here.... i can see myself doing this....might be a laugh"
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-05, 05:47 PM   #9
Itching 2 go

Well I didn't realise this would be the result?!?!?!? sorry dude looks like in the words of Kate "you got a lot to live up to"
Old 11-04-05, 05:49 PM   #10
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

You could try and borrow some gear for her for a few rides.If she likes it then she will have an idea what to buy by then.
Biker Biggles is online now   Reply With Quote