SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-09, 01:45 PM   #1
5v5 rider

Default Dainese Galvestone Trousers BNWT

Hi all,

Well, trying to save a few quid, I bought some new dainese galvestone trousers off some 'nice young fello' through Ebay. BUT......there is a problem......they were listed as a size 27 (34 waist with short 29 inch leg) and thats what the label and sticker say they are, but when I received them, I hurriedly put them on all excited about my new pants and found they were def not a size 27 afterall. So I measured them with a tape measure (as you do) and found the waist measurement to be 40 inches.
So I emailed the seller and told him about my problem but he isnt prepared to offer a refund saying, 'they are sold as listed'. I even made a claim through paypal and they have decided that he is in the right, and that as long as the trousers have the label that states 27 then the seller is not responsible. Its a manufacturing error obviously and the seller COULD take them back to Dainese in Manchester but he's not prepared to do so (I wonder why).
Long story short now is that I have got a pair of brand new with tags, Dainese Galvestone trousers, short leg, 40 inch waist. They really are a nice pair of trousers just about 6 inches too big for me.....now in 5 years time who knows, they may fit but I dont want to wait that long. Does anyone out there need a new pair of trousers and who are a 40 inch waist. I've paid £115 for them in total and I'm not looking to make anything on them, I just want my money back so I can get a pair that fit me. These trousers go for £150 plus in the shops so they are a bargain (hence me bagging them in the fist place).

I've put a few pics below.

Oh and if anyone does know an S Malik in the M32 post code area...tell him he's a *****!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020022.JPG (66.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020023.jpg (130.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020024.JPG (120.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020025.JPG (64.8 KB, 0 views)

Old 06-02-09, 01:56 PM   #2
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dainese Galvestone Trousers BNWT

If you ring Dianese in Manchester and ask them if they'll swap them, I work 300 metres from their shop and would take them back for you if you want.
Old 06-02-09, 02:23 PM   #3
5v5 rider

I did speak to them yesterday about this but they said since I wouldn't have a receipt for them they would have to send them off to italy at my expense (£35), so by the time I've posted them back up north to your very good self,and had them go back and forth from italy the cost is really adding up, to be fair I wasn't in the financial market to afford £160 at the moment (redundancies...zzzz.snore snore....) and when I saw these on fleabay I thought...for that price I cant NOT get them. But I do really appreciate your offer mate.
cheers

Old 06-02-09, 03:34 PM   #4
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Wierd that they wouldn't just do a straight exchange for another 27, especially if they have all the labels on etc
Old 13-02-09, 10:39 AM   #5
5v5 rider

'mr bump'

Old 16-02-09, 01:56 PM   #6
5v5 rider

trousers no longer available - paypal have finally seen sense and refunded me the total amount - so I expect I will have to send these back to the seller (that is once he has sent me a cheque for return postage and it has cleared!).

cheers for looking anyways

Old 16-02-09, 04:19 PM   #7
Jester666

PM me if you need this thread re-opening.

Closed Thread