SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: number boards, good idea or bad idea
yes, good idea it looks the mutts 5 18.52%
no, bad idea what are u thing ? 15 55.56%
huh what's a number board ?? 7 25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-05, 12:16 AM   #1
hall13uk

Default good idea or bad idea ?

so i have decided to get some number boards put on my bike, by a proper sign designers that does vehicle graphics. the company did some writing on some of my mates demo bike's at his suzuki dealership & they look the mutt's .
the total cost to me is £60 which is much cheaper than buying a set of boards from somewhere like moto graphics, the front alone cost £59.99 & then i would have to stick it on my self & it does not come with numbers.

i am after one number board above the left light & then two on the rear covering some of the seat cowl & rear fender. the number will be 13 in an funky/ pointy font (just like john reyonlds number font in the bsb) . here is my bike which i have tried to photo shop to the look i am going for but i just can't do it, so if some nice person could do it for me that would be great.

Old 07-12-05, 12:42 AM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Cpould look really good on the rear if done right. Can't see how it'd work on the front tbh. I thought about this for a while but I couldn't work out any way to make the front end look right. Still, if you want to, go for it
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 12:48 AM   #3
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Cpould look really good on the rear if done right. Can't see how it'd work on the front tbh. I thought about this for a while but I couldn't work out any way to make the front end look right. Still, if you want to, go for it

thanks for the reply north , for the back as i said covering the side half the seat cowl & side pannel below it with a white board & the 13 on top in a funky font & for the front above the left hand light only the board & number again. ooo if only i could work my photo shop thing
Old 07-12-05, 12:55 AM   #4
northwind
Mega Poster

Yup, I get how it'd go on the back... But I don't see it looking "right" on a bike with headlights.

If it were me, I'd be tempted to just do it on the tail, I think. The K3> solo seat/tail section's made for it.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 02:05 AM   #5
Carsick

if you want somebody to try putting it on the left, you might want to post a picture of that side.
Old 07-12-05, 08:39 AM   #6
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsick
if you want somebody to try putting it on the left, you might want to post a picture of that side.
i ment left as you look striaght on, i suppose it's the right if your talking form the sitting on the bike view point.
Old 07-12-05, 09:39 AM   #7
Stormspiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
Yup, I get how it'd go on the back... But I don't see it looking "right" on a bike with headlights.

If it were me, I'd be tempted to just do it on the tail, I think. The K3> solo seat/tail section's made for it.
Why not get headlight covers and have the right one painted up to match, then you can just slip it off if it looks tosh, and it'll be in the right place for race numbers. Just an idea as theres a Colin Edwards rep i've seen done the same.
Old 07-12-05, 09:54 AM   #8
SVeeedy Gonzales

Sounds funky! Though bear in mind that it will A) encourage chavs to try and race you and B) cause insurance grief, as they'll often assume/claim that you were racing if there's an accident. Even if your insurer is fine with it (they may charge more) a third party insurer may cause grief over it.
Old 07-12-05, 10:04 AM   #9
Last Action Pimp

YOU MEAN A BIT LIKE THIS

Old 07-12-05, 12:23 PM   #10
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Sounds funky! Though bear in mind that it will A) encourage chavs to try and race you and B) cause insurance grief, as they'll often assume/claim that you were racing if there's an accident. Even if your insurer is fine with it (they may charge more) a third party insurer may cause grief over it.
Exactly. I thought that you had to take them off when you're on the road.

J, I could think of better ways to spend your money.