SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-08-09, 12:19 AM   #1
madmedic

Default Clutch lever and Footrests for the Gladius?

Was really silly today. Just finished washing my Gladius and decided to check the oil level. when I leaned the bike back to the stand.....it didn't stop until it hit the ground. Thankfully not much damage...but I need a new footrest and clutch lever. Searches do not bring up anything specific to the Gladius. Any ideas where I can get the correct parts?

Thanks for the help!

Brian
Old 16-08-09, 12:22 AM   #2
Sideshow#36

Default Re: Clutch lever and Footrests for the Gladius?

I would say eBay to be honest but just done a quick search and there is nothing! Problem with a brand new design I suppose.

Unfortunately pal your best bet is your local Suzuki dealer.

Sorry.
Old 16-08-09, 12:29 AM   #3
madmedic

Hoped to hear another option....but thanks for the quick reply. I just broke off the peg on the footrest and my clutch lever is an inch shorter so it is still ok to go. no scratches anywhere else, so i was lucky.
Old 16-08-09, 12:30 AM   #4
davepreston

sorry but slideshow is right the bits are flying rocking horse poo 2nd hand may be worth looking for a aftermarket upgraded set if your splashing the cash anyway
Old 16-08-09, 12:35 AM   #5
davepreston

thinking about it twinshack might be worth a call they are know for making modified bits for bikes and if you ask for a new part to be designed they normally give you it for next to nowt and use your design to market for themselves ( i seen them do this with a pointy body kit and they gave the the first bloke to bring his bike up to be used as the guiney pig the bits for free) worth an ask
Old 17-08-09, 06:15 AM   #6
Geoffrey

search google for uk manufacturers, tell them you have a gladius and are looking for certain parts. if the say 'sorry we don't make any' offer your bike for use to make templates, might get a free set thrown in the deal (micron used to do this all the time with their exhausts)