SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 03-03-13, 11:38 AM   #1
davegixer1300r

Default Anglesey full circuit

We, the boy and I, are off to anglesey in april having never been before has any one got any reccomendations for gearing? we run carby sv's by the way. thank you.
Old 03-03-13, 05:53 PM   #2
M65

Default Re: Anglesey full circuit

Not sure how the carb engine differs to the fuel injected one gearing wise, but Ive gone one down on the front and found it fine for Anglesey. None of the straights there are massively long but its a brilliant track. Very nice layout, good smooth surface (well, it was 3 years back when I did it) with a good mix of straights and curves. The hairpin has some great camber on it too. My avatar was taken at that very bend in fact.
Old 22-03-13, 12:54 AM   #3
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I can also add that the tarmac is the stickiest substance known to man in the dry, and that, added with the positive camber on most of the corners, means the rearsets will be the things that stop you cornering any faster!

I'm there on the 1st April...just hope it's not too cold!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-13, 12:57 AM   #4
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Default Anglesey full circuit

Where's this? Sounds fun.
Wouldn't mind so info on it
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-13, 12:58 AM   #5
phil24_7
Mega Poster

As far away as any track can be from anyone...almost! It is in NW Wales.

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
Old 23-03-13, 09:24 AM   #6
davegixer1300r

hopefully we will be there on the monday too [april 1]
for a learn the circuit trip may well see you

Last edited by davegixer1300r; 23-03-13 at 09:30 AM.
Old 23-03-13, 10:34 AM   #7
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I'll be in a black Merc Vito with a black and red CBR600RR with the pregnant wife as pit b1tch. Feel free to pop over and say hello!

Old 23-03-13, 11:14 AM   #8
davegixer1300r

we will/should be in our rust effect transit trying it out for the first time, blue and yellow svs. I ll look forward to it.
Old 23-03-13, 08:44 PM   #9
hardhat_harry

Yep 1 tooth down on the front is fine for Anglesey (also Oulton and Cadwell).

I assume when you say full circuit you are talking about the International which misses out the best part of the track (the corkscrew) but adds in two longish straights and a very tight right hander.
Old 23-03-13, 10:29 PM   #10
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Correct. That corkscrew is immense, a little gutted that I won't be using it!