SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-07-08, 10:05 PM   #1
richie95

Default achey breaky wrists

ahem....

my wrists hurt, the ache dont seem to go away, i am quite heavy and ride the K3 650S, any suggestions, will gel grips cure it?

whats cheap....

bring on the knowledge oh wise comrades...
Old 01-07-08, 11:17 PM   #2
Stig

Default Re: achey breaky wrists

Your wrists will get used to it assuming you ride often enough. Your using muscles that do not normally get used it day to day life.
Old 01-07-08, 11:20 PM   #3
Stig

Also look at the angle of the levers, they should be positioned so that you do not need to **** your wrists to use them. If you do, change them angle. It should be a natural linear line through from your elbow all the way to the lever and thus through your wrist.
Old 01-07-08, 11:21 PM   #4
Stig

**** reads c*ck
Old 02-07-08, 12:16 AM   #5
xXBADGERXx

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=112407
Old 02-07-08, 12:18 AM   #6
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

After being off the bike all winter my wrists hurt when I got back on the bike this year. But they are fine now. I lowered the brake lever to a comfortable position. I also lowered the clutch, but not as far as I would have liked, because it was stopped by the electrical connector hitting the clipon. But it still helped.
If after that you are still having problems, you could maybe try raised renthal bars
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 11:04 AM   #7
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
The above, but as mentioned earlier try angling the levers down a bit first as this will greatly improve the comfort of your wrists and it doesn't cost a penny.
Old 02-07-08, 12:01 PM   #8
skidmarx

The ergonomics of the SV are really poor IMHO. The problem is not that the bars are too low, just that they're are too far forward. Other faired bikes with lower bars are much more comfy as the bars are not a stretch forward, this causes all sorts of problems and can lead to carpal problems. Adjusting the bars and levers and gripping with your knees all helps, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. IMHO. HTH.
Old 02-07-08, 12:04 PM   #9
skidmarx

Oh and the other problem is that clipons are angled for people with relatively narrow shoulders, and therefore too much pressure is put on the outside of your hands due to the angle of the clipons. Not much you can do about this unless your willing to file the pin that locates them in this position so you can swing them forward. Not sure about that though, sounds a bit dodge.
Old 02-07-08, 12:08 PM   #10
Speedy Claire

I had severe problems with my wrist and armswhilst away, my clutch lever seems to be the culprit and it was helped by adjusting the angle of the lever. I do need to get some sort of an adjustable span clutch lever to hopefully cure the problem fully but adjusting did seem to help a bit. Good luck