SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 14-04-08, 05:51 PM   #221
wow

Default Re: ASM down, RIP Condolences

Sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to friends and family.

RIP Mark.
Old 14-04-08, 10:17 PM   #222
markmoto

Only new him through his posts, sad day RIP buddy.
Old 15-04-08, 04:00 AM   #223
BanannaMan

Sorry to hear.

My prayers will be with the family and friends.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-08, 09:39 PM   #224
getyerkneedown

Oh god not another.

RIP fella. My thoughts and sincere condolences to all friends, family members and colleagues etc.

Sorry just seems so empty at times like these.

Be safe out there folks.

Last edited by getyerkneedown; 15-04-08 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-05-08, 08:07 PM   #225
Cloggsy

Only just seen this thread

I don't get on here as often as I used too, but it is a truly sad thing to hear one of the .org has gone...

Rest in Peace ASM
Old 08-05-08, 07:14 AM   #226
Stig

I wasn't sure where to post this, but decided here would be suitable.

A message from Marks family.

Dear Simon
I must apologise for taking so long to pass on our thanks for all the hard work and running around you did to keep SV clubs members updated of Mark's funeral arrangements and for the beautiful bouquet of flowers which you all sent. It has been quite a time here, as you probably can imagine.
Please pass on our thanks to all for attending Mark's funeral; it was good to meet so many of the guys who knew Mark and I can now at least put a few faces to names that he mentioned. We think that Mark was fortunate to know you all and both our families have commented on what a great bunch of guys the bikers were - O.K. I now know that you are NOT Hells Angels, but a pretty decent crowd of guys of varying ages and talents no less.
I hope that you do not mind; I was reading the thread that you gave us to SV.650.org and you are considering, as well as a yearly ride, putting up a plaque (not a plague) at Fox's Diner in memory of Mark - what a lovely idea, not sure about the 'Mark burger' (ha ha), but loved the idea of the untraceable Vineyard! (did I go somewhere I should not?).
Pete and I will be planting some Blue Hyacinths and Bluebells at the accident spot and they should come up each year at the beginning of April. We intend to 'sneak' there early one Sunday morning when no one is about!
The Police Forensics have finished the inspection on Mark's Yamaha and confirm that there would be no residual value from it, and it is now being disposed of as scrap. We will probably not find out much about the report until the Coroners Inquest takes place, now put back to 14th October.
Also, thanks to everyone for the photos of Mark - they have been a great source of comfort to us - they are put up on the Fridge door, so I can look at them whenever I want to - and I do frequently throughout the day.
Once again, apologies for taking so long to write and thank you, we really are very appreciative of all the help you have given.
Regards
Debbie, Pete & Simon D'Ardenne
Old 08-05-08, 10:48 AM   #227
Warthog

Aw thats a lovely message. Hi Debbie, Pete and Simon, please do keep reading the forum, nothing is off limits! (Although I am now embarrassed about the Mark burger, it was only a joke!). The plaque has been given to the managers at Fox's and I will check there again to see that it has been put up. I don't know if you saw it, but it was really nice, big thanks to scifi bloke for making it. Planting flowers is a great idea, the highways agency can hardly go around digging up small flowers can they! I hope maybe we can drop in for a cup of tea or something on our annual memorial ride, it would be good to catch up with you and hear more stories about Mark's adventures.

All the best,
Nick