SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-08-08, 09:14 AM   #1
ooger

Default How can I get rid of an estate agent?

So, we're with an agent who claims to have us tied to a 16 week sole agency agreement.

I dont think they're doing all they can for us, to put it bluntly and want to sack them.

T&Cs were agreed but I wasn't sent a copy of them.

Now I've raised this concern it seems they're getting a little upset, saying that if we sell within the remaining x weeks, we'll pay them their fee as well as a new agents fee.

Any ideas how I can shake them off?

Dan - a bod from the local office of "you know who" is coming round tonight for the newest valuation, if you want to mention this in advance?
Old 06-08-08, 09:19 AM   #2
sarah

Default Re: How can I get rid of an estate agent?

did you sign a contract?
Old 06-08-08, 09:22 AM   #3
neio79

years ago when an estate agent tried this with my dad, he went in to the office asked to see the contract , they stupidly showed it to him so he tore it up in front of them and took it with him, as he was leaving asaid i dont think we have a contract now so go f*8k yourself. never herd from them again!!
Old 06-08-08, 09:23 AM   #4
ooger

I did, but I've not had sight nor sound of it since it was taken "back to the office". I was promised a copy but one never came.

We discussed the terms, and I adjusted the 3 weeks notice period to 1 week which we agreed, but now its being claimed that that notice period only applies after the initial 16 weeks.

I saw no reference to 16 weeks

Methinks screwed.
Old 06-08-08, 09:24 AM   #5
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
years ago when an estate agent tried this with my dad, he went in to the office asked to see the contract , they stupidly showed it to him so he tore it up in front of them and took it with him, as he was leaving asaid i dont think we have a contract now so go f*8k yourself. never herd from them again!!
Hmm, so thats the last resort sorted. Great!

What about the first?
Old 06-08-08, 09:25 AM   #6
Gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooger View Post
I did, but I've not had sight nor sound of it since it was taken "back to the office". I was promised a copy but one never came.

We discussed the terms, and I adjusted the 3 weeks notice period to 1 week which we agreed, but now its being claimed that that notice period only applies after the initial 16 weeks.

I saw no reference to 16 weeks

Methinks screwed.
I wouldn't worry too much. In the current climate (and I speak from personal experience here), if you can sell within 16 weeks you will be lucky, so it doesn't really matter anyway!

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-08, 09:28 AM   #7
ooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza77 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. In the current climate (and I speak from personal experience here), if you can sell within 16 weeks you will be lucky, so it doesn't really matter anyway!
This means that I can't risk going multi-agency though, known my luck I'll get a buyer on the first day and shell out a small fortune to both agencies..

The main reason for swapping is because of the "marketing" I don't think I'm getting.....
Old 06-08-08, 09:43 AM   #8
wyrdness

Rat poison

I got rid of two recently. The first for misconduct. They'd agreed to phone us first before bringing anybody round. Which they didn't do on two occasions. I complained the first time and they promised not to do it again. Then a couple of weeks later, they let themselves in without phoning first, when Mrs Wyrdness was at home on her own, pregnant and in the bath. They were in no position to argue about notice periods.

The second agent was better, but we took the flat off the market when Mrs W got too pregnant to move. I gave the agent a couple of weeks notice and they were very understanding about it.

Last edited by wyrdness; 06-08-08 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-08-08, 09:52 AM   #9
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness View Post

I got rid of two recently. The first for misconduct. They'd agreed to phone us first before bringing anybody round. Which they didn't do on two occasions. I complained the first time and they promised not to do it again. Then a couple of weeks later, they let themselves in without phoning first, when Mrs Wyrdness was at home on her own, pregnant and in the bath. They were in no position to argue about notice periods.
One lot who were supposed to be selling our flat left the front door unlocked.
Old 06-08-08, 09:57 AM   #10
SV-net

TBH do you think you will sell inside of this time period? If not let it roll then sell it online for 99 quid.
Or switch after the 16 weeks to mutli agents in your area.
They all want property to sell as they all have nice Porches to pay for dont they?