SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-08-09, 06:12 PM   #1
metalmonkey

Default Can any suggest a good...

Digital photo frame, its for my sister and her boyfriend the baby is due in a month, I thought it would be a nice gift for them.

I'm looking at around £50 or so for one, but willing to pay a bit more for a descent one.

Any suggestions would be ace. Thanks
Old 16-08-09, 06:34 PM   #2
Stingo

Default Re: Can any suggest a good...

I bought my mum one of these for Christmas...easy to use - within your budget...and if I can figure out the workings (with the help of the org when it came to Sd cards) then it should be easy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-P720-D...0447563&sr=8-1

Happy sailing.
Old 16-08-09, 06:35 PM   #3
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

No, they are all useless. You buy them for someone, then they never ever use them again. Dust collectors
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-09, 06:43 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

The only advice i can add along the lines of Darrens above is if you want them to use them get them a bluetooth enabled one so they can upload pics far more easily and hence use them.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-09, 06:52 PM   #5
maviczap
Mega Poster

I bought this on my Mother in Laws behalf for my wife from Ebuyer.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/141572

It was £54 and it can either show photos from card media & USB, or best of all it recieves them wirelessly from my PC. No other frame I saw did this!

The online reviews about it were spot on.

Picture quality is really good, much better than the Tesco one my MOIL got as her Xmas present.

The only downside is that Ebuyer don't sell it any more
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-09, 07:52 PM   #6
Von Teese

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
No, they are all useless. You buy them for someone, then they never ever use them again. Dust collectors
OMG!! you are right

Mr VT's Mum bought one for us and I put it next to my bed, found out it needed some sort of memory card...aaaaand.....

Well its still got the plastic on it and yes I have to keep dusting it, thinking 'I really should use this!'
Old 16-08-09, 08:10 PM   #7
mike_avfc

i was in the market for one last year - for about 50 quid - i had a real look round and decided most of them were quite crap. You pay for a decent camera then buy something cheap and not able to show the quality to display in your living room !!!!

I got a Sony one from Amazon for about 125 and it is superb - great quality and well worth the money, takes all memory cards and has a remote control.

I would so reccomend buying quality rather than purely on price if you want to show a decent quality image !

Rant over !
Old 17-08-09, 08:24 PM   #8
SVStorm

Well I think these are fantastic. I was the designated photographer at a family friends wedding last year and decided instead of giving a traditional photo album that I would give them a digital photo frame. I preloaded it with all the pictures I had taken and the ones given to me be some others and it played through them all. So every time they looked at the frame it had a different picture to remind them of their special day.

The one I got was 'CEIVA LF4008B-UK 8" WiFi Digital Photo Frame'
I managed to pick one up for just under 70GBP(At Curry's) which i think was a bargain as I found the price for these now range from about 80GBP to 170GBP which i think is a bit expensive. If you can manage to find one for about 70GBP then it is a great buy.
Amazon sells it for £76.08 but is currently out of stock.

This version has wi-fi so you can link it upto the internet and give family and friends the details and they can upload their own special pictures to the frame(there is an extra charge for this). It also had 2 interchangable frames so if you got bored of the one frame you just change it for another. The other benefit I liked about it was the fact you could put a standard SD memory card into it which is great as my camera uses that card and it was great to just copy photos to it and give to my freinds for their photo frame. They can then hook upto a PC and copy pics from there to their PC and print them or take them to any photo printing place to print copies if they want.

Anyway I have rambled on for a while now. Just thought I would give you the opinion of the one I found really good.

Failing that I would go for any one that is 6x4 inch. The widescreen ones I have found have not been very good at all as it means all your pics have to be in widescreen and if they are not they dont play nicely in the screen.

Hope you found this useful. Let me know if you want any further info on this.
Old 17-08-09, 08:28 PM   #9
Holdup

+1 on the dust collectors im afraid, we got my dad one for christmas 08, dont think its been switched on since...
Old 17-08-09, 08:40 PM   #10
Woz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
I bought my mum one of these for Christmas...easy to use - within your budget...and if I can figure out the workings (with the help of the org when it came to Sd cards) then it should be easy...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-P720-D...0447563&sr=8-1

Happy sailing.

Funny that, my mum and dad bought ME one of those for Christmas.

As for dust collecting, I thought that originally but this one has a timer function so it can turn itself on and off. Once plugged in, even if you forget about it, other people still notice.