SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 03-06-13, 02:43 PM   #1
M65

Default Donnington 13th August

Just booked the last of my trackdays for the year here with Focused Events. Any else from the mighty org on this particular track day?

Also, as its my first time at Donnington, does anyone who has done it previously have any advice for me? I will be on a pretty much stock K3 SV650.

Cheers.
Old 03-06-13, 04:42 PM   #2
Merv121

Default Re: Donnington 13th August

I work at donington so I may be there on that day (trackday marshal) just take it steady till you gain enough confidence mate cause even the experienced get caught out VERY easily around craner curves, mcleans and coppice(the blind one)
Old 03-06-13, 04:47 PM   #3
Scythe92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv121 View Post
I work at donington so I may be there on that day (trackday marshal) just take it steady till you gain enough confidence mate cause even the experienced get caught out VERY easily around craner curves, mcleans and coppice(the blind one)
Craner Curves is a difficult one as the bike doesn't want to turn through there. Mcleans is a toughie too
Old 03-06-13, 04:57 PM   #4
L3nny
Mega Poster

I've been there once, if I'm honest the first time round it scared the crap out of me, lots of elevation changes mean you cant always see the track ahead.

Just take it stead for the forst session then speed up. There are some long straights so you'll probably get overtaken a bit by the guys on bigger bikes.
Old 03-06-13, 05:21 PM   #5
ogden
Mega Poster

I've done it once and the first session was a nightmare. Coppice is completely blind on entry and Goddard's has awful ripples on the approach, both of which caught me out when I got too cocky too early.

As others have said, just go easy til you've learnt your way round. After that, go banzai, it's a brilliant circuit. I even lived the bit I thought I'd hate, the Melbourne loop.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 09:34 AM   #6
M65

I better learn the corner names so I know where to be careful. I know Craners, but thats about it. I'll be going fairly steady for the first 2 sessions at least I think. AS for getting passed by bigger bikes, thats nothing new!