SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-04-13, 04:24 PM   #1
philsmith

Default Power Commander and ECU restrictor - pointy K3

So I know I'll get a load of flack for riding unrestricted but if you post on here just to tell me off for that you can save yourself the hassle.

I bought a stock SV when I first got my 33bhp license, this was written off in a non fault collision and with the money I bought a shiny one with lots of mods, one of them being a power commander for the yoshi system and K/N system.

I took my restrictor off after having the first SV for a little while so never bothered putting it in the second one, however my now even more estranged mother decided to go straight to the police about it when she heard rather than coming to me so I'm now going to have to have it back in.

Is the restrictor going to fudge up the fueling that the power commander has been programmed to give??
Old 30-04-13, 05:50 PM   #2
philsmith

Default Re: Power Commander and ECU restrictor - pointy K3

got a reading from it with the restrictor in and out, its obviously still using the same map so will be interesting to see what it rides like
Old 30-04-13, 07:56 PM   #3
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: Power Commander and ECU restrictor - pointy K3

Take the PC3 off for the minute and stick a restricted ECU in

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote