SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-11-18, 07:47 AM   #3611
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
we had no problems with ants till everyone got their free cavity wall insulation. after that its been a fekin nightmare every year. when they were doing the windows you could see the ants nests in the walls.

the whole of kirkcaldy is now riddled with fekin ants.
Penny Royal is the answer. It's a type of mint and ants hate it. Plant pots of it anywhere you have an ant problem and they'll go away. I used to get them nesting under my patio and coming into my conservatory. 2 little plants every spring and now I never have a problem.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 30-11-18, 07:28 PM   #3612
Chris_SVS

Ultimate Ear custom plugs arrived Sound quality is amazeballs, maybe test over the weekend on bike

Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 07:30 PM   #3613
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Ultimate Ear custom plugs arrived Sound quality is amazeballs, maybe test over the weekend on bike

Should have got them colour matched to your ears

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 07:31 PM   #3614
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Does it have a built-in heater?
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-18, 07:35 PM   #3615
Chris_SVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Should have got them colour matched to your ears

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
I don't quite know why my ears are so red, I may have been outside with no hat on
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 06:22 PM   #3616
shiftin_gear98

Christmas tree shopping today, was dreading having to fork out £60.00 plus on a tree. We just happened to stop off at Homebase. They had/have 1.80 - 2.10 Normandy Trees for £12.00! The guy said they are seconds, but ours looks perfect. Result.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 09:18 PM   #3617
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Abba stand back from being fixed / modified. Abba did offer to fix it if I sent it back to them "as a courtesy" as they said it couldn't have happened under normal use (it did), but I'd have to pay postage both ways. The amount it would of cost to have it back the same as it was originally I decided I'd rather give my neighbour at the workshop some money to fix it and improve it, as he's already done one like this before. So, he straightened it, rewelded it and added an extra gusset to strengthen it. He's done the same on our other neighbour mechanic friends one, who also had his bend "under normal use", even though that's impossible apparently?

You can see on mine how the bolt to fix the moving arm has gradually travelled along the beam, marking it in a long line, showing how it's happened gradually over the last couple of years. It's only ever been used on one bike, so that mark should just be in once place if the opposite arm wasn't gradually bending out with each use.

The paint had to come off to weld obviously, but other than that I'm really pleased that it's a tidy job and I've got much more confidence in it now.

Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-18, 09:34 PM   #3618
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Abba stand back from being fixed / modified. Abba did offer to fix it if I sent it back to them "as a courtesy" as they said it couldn't have happened under normal use (it did), but I'd have to pay postage both ways. The amount it would of cost to have it back the same as it was originally I decided I'd rather give my neighbour at the workshop some money to fix it and improve it, as he's already done one like this before. So, he straightened it, rewelded it and added an extra gusset to strengthen it. He's done the same on our other neighbour mechanic friends one, who also had his bend "under normal use", even though that's impossible apparently?

You can see on mine how the bolt to fix the moving arm has gradually travelled along the beam, marking it in a long line, showing how it's happened gradually over the last couple of years. It's only ever been used on one bike, so that mark should just be in once place if the opposite arm wasn't gradually bending out with each use.

The paint had to come off to weld obviously, but other than that I'm really pleased that it's a tidy job and I've got much more confidence in it now.

Poor service from abba. I think you did the right thing. A bit of paint and it's as good as new.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-18, 09:42 PM   #3619
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Poor service from abba. I think you did the right thing. A bit of paint and it's as good as new.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Better than new hopefully .. structurally.

I've got a half full tin of primer in the garage which I'll put on and then just rattle can over it. Doesn't have to be super neat, just to stop rust.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-18, 12:13 AM   #3620
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post

why were you shaking it side to side
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote