SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 07-05-07, 08:32 PM   #1
buckstone

Default West Coast Suzuki, Irvine

Anyone know what's happened with them ? Changed the name to West Coast Superbikes and now going to be selling Sachs, Cagiva and MV Augusta, I believe. Did Suzuki bump 'em or do they think they can make more from these other brands ?

A bit of a shame as they were sort of on my way my home to work (although I must admit all I ever did there was test ride a GSR600 and buy a GSX-R key-ring for one of my boys !!!).
buckstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-07, 08:14 AM   #2
DaBlackKnight

Default Re: West Coast Suzuki, Irvine

another suuki place fallen?
ummm
strange...

i did go on the west coast suzuki website last week and it still had suzuki range and their showroom....
the reason for this was to email them asking them how much a rear BT020L would be...
they quoted me i daft amount of money....
Old 08-05-07, 11:43 AM   #3
Cam_73

Yeah the signs were going up on Friday when I was in.

They claim they will still be doing everything, but the franchise is MV/Cagiva?Sachs.

So I'd imagine they will still do used bikes and spares/servicing for Suzuki but all new bikes will be under the franchise.
Old 08-05-07, 12:23 PM   #4
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

They will need to get in a stack of used bikes with that franchise and the amount of floor space to fill!

Shame if they have lost Suzuki. I nip down there for spares as there is no "rounding up" of prices like a certain other Suzuki "stealer" I could mention.

They never cracked a light about MV et all when i was asking them about the possibility of selling Aprilias again.

Nice AC/DC chop in there the other week. 2nd hand and £32,000!!!!!

STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-07, 04:52 PM   #5
independentphoto

A little thread on here mentioned some time back that George Whites had bought up all the Suzi stock & hence the poster had gotten a good deal from them.

Can't remember who it was.

Garry
Old 19-05-07, 09:33 AM   #6
svracers

hi ive always thought west coast were great to deal with, always very friendly and gave good prices on parts, servicing and bikes. I think its more the case that west coast were looking for a better franchise than suzuki, who treat their dealerships better.
Old 19-05-07, 10:02 AM   #7
SVAce78

Been in shop and they are changing apparently to West Coast superbikes as more general than Suzuki. It appears a bit of aggro with Suzuki but they are now authorised MV dealers. Nice MVs in there, the guys in there all are good to deal with and always found them helpful.