SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 04-04-07, 06:28 PM   #1
Endellion

Default Advice please

Hey new here, just about to get my first bike a SV650Sport this site is very helpful, will be spending time here

Just hope to get some advice on helmets, looking at getting a shoei raid 2 or xr-100, is the extra money worth it ( my head is priceless after all ha ha )

Was looking at roof but most say they are crap (noisy)

Caberg dont seem to rate high aswell

Arai seem good but they are awfully dull looking for the money,Shoei designs rock

Are AGV any good?

Currently using a plain cheap Suomy but its old but did the job, any suggestions?

Ian
Old 04-04-07, 06:54 PM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Advice please

HJC are also worth looking at, I've found mine (AC11) pretty good and they've done quite well in the Ride tests, and are a bit cheaper than Shoei/Arai without being a budget build.

Worth seeing which companies fit your head shape too. I'm sure they'll be more advice shortly.
Old 04-04-07, 07:56 PM   #3
StreetHawk

I'd say you should spend as much as you can afford and then add a bit more. Best thing to do is try some on, advice on helmets can only go so far. I tried on about 10 in one day and settled on an Arai Chaser as it felt 10x more comfy than any other. It was more than I wanted to spend (£280) but don't regret it at all. It has a pins on the visor so you can add an anti fog insert which works very well.

Hein Gericke to quite a few diff makes if there is one near you. They gave me some good advice on the differences in the manufaucturers.
Old 05-04-07, 04:46 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Shoei or Arai, TBH there isnt much difference.

Which one fits your head best, try a few different makes on and then make your mind up.

Raid II always gets good reviews, but personally if you can stretch to a XR-1000 get that one it'll be lighter and have better vents on it.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-07, 08:31 PM   #5
Endellion

Thanks all for help,

Went in and tried a Shoei XR-1000 Kagyama TC2 today fit like a glove and looks the business! Ordered it online though cause my local Yamaha dealer wanted 50 quid more ha ha!

Ordered a black visor aswell although this is probably illegal

Ian