SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-09-06, 01:52 AM   #1
Torn-Thorax

Default SV650 Starter Button?

So im still working out my starting problems. For starters, (hehe get it), i cant start the engine out of nuetral. It just cant seem to turn over in 1st. The carbs are balenced best they can be. (the adjuster screw is all the way in), and still its a bit off and will not idle below 1400 without stalling. I've replaced the choke cable thinking that was it, it was not.

Here is a developing problem, when i push the starter gently it wont initiate. But if i press very hard it will start. I seem to have to press harder and harder each time i need to start it. Is there a loose wire behind my switch or bad starter/alternater unit? Or just a loose wire and the nuetral only starting problem is caused by the engine. Oh, and im also suffering from slight engine lag below 5k rpm. Sorry for the poorly arranged summary. Help if you can.

-Floundering SV owner
Old 09-09-06, 08:58 AM   #2
svrash

Have you check the clutch safty switch, mine was dogdy so I've now shorted it to save problems
Old 09-09-06, 12:43 PM   #3
Torn-Thorax

I thought it might be my clutch interlock, but that doesnt explain why when i push the starter harder, it decides to work.
Old 09-09-06, 02:49 PM   #4
Razor

Strip your right hand switch gear and have a look at the mechanism.